Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 09:09 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Pimp My ist DL (on the cheap...)

Leica can have their red dot, my Pentax has red letters!

And all it took was being bored at home with a red pen handy ...

11-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You should stencil on a skull and crossbones on the shutter . Looks slick.
11-12-2010, 12:56 AM   #3

This should be re-designated the *istT-101.
Somebody do theirs green now!
11-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Alternate Red & Green... LOL ... PENTAX (Looks like Christmas! )

11-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I like! I'd definitely do the green! Just might once I get done with the yearly system reboot, but I've got two days worth of programs to put back on this machine before I'll have the time to paint.
03-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like the red letters. Mine saw it and is screaming for a new look
03-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

OK, I just used a Papermate PlasticPoint pen to redden the PENTAX on my K20D. It's non-indelible ink, so is not WR. The first rain will expose me. Maybe I should go stealth, use a black Magic Marker?

03-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Forum Member

i like it! Good colour, makes it really standout!
03-07-2011, 01:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I still haven't done this but I do WANT to go there, laugh. I want to bling out my *ist a bit but I keep holding back because I don't want my 2 old school guy photography teachers to give me THAT look again.

I've already gotten it once from teacher #2 just for using a crafty, funky, rainbow crochet strap that I made with furry designer yarn and glass beads and stuff. He made me take it off my *ist and go put it on the old Yashica FX 2 I have. (Because that's my beater camera.) He said he just couldn't take teaching me seriously with THAT on my *ist.

I think if I actually did something like put crystals on mine he'd probably swiftly downgrade me from "serious student" to "wannabe" and the only thing I'd actually end up doing professionally would be portraits of fluffy puppies in cute sweaters as in portraits taken with one of those computer driven box cameras they have at the rip off studio in the local Walmart.

Not that taking pics of cute, fluffy pups in sweaters probably won't happen. I'm a sucker for pet shots of any kind and I love to do them actually, but I'm just not into ending up in the mall using one of those "I don't actually know how to use a real camera. I just work here trying to sell $150 generic portrait packages taken with a computer brain." kind of camera things!

I will go there though, when I finally get a K-x or something similar. Why not? No one will ever want my *ist anyway. Not by the time I am done with it. Not with a bum internal flash and all. I don't even think a student at the local junior college would go there by then. Last owner? I figure I might as well deck it out at that point and use it for a paperweight. ;P