Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K7 is becoming more popular since the birth of the K5!

Folks,

You know what?

Since the K5 became available, it sure seems that more and more people are now buying and praising the K7!
(At least, that is what I am reading here on this forum ... more people buying and loving the K7)

Doesn't that make you remember of the "ill-fated" K20D a while back, when people were complaining left and right about it?
Suddenly, after the K7 was released, the K20D became a true wonder.

History repeats itself!

JP

11-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It just show that perception has a lot to do with C/P ratio.
11-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have the K7 and the K20 and loving both! The K5 will be an eventual addition but I'm in no rush.
11-12-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I came to pentax a little bit after the k7 was released so i bought the k20d to get a deal. I could not be happier with it's performance between iso 100-400. It has a really killer sensor that simply asks for some light .

11-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Heh. There does seem to be a bit of a 'slag on the current model' thing.

I suppose, though, assuming there's been a price drop, a lot of the people who aren't pushing the cutting edge so much are laying hands to K-7s.

Any K20d release stuff was before my time, actually, so I didn't see that. (Actually, I came along right when the prices were at the lowest for new ones: it was pretty happy timing for me: I ended up with something a lot more current a fair bit sooner than I'd planned, so I don't imagine I'd have been in a mood to quibble too much.)
11-13-2010, 12:13 AM   #6

I waited for the K-5 so that I could buy a K-7 at a good price. The body feels so nice in your hand and the kit lens is actually decent.

The noise is not that bad after all. Just do not underexpose.
11-13-2010, 12:58 AM   #7
hcc
Pentaxian

JP
It is good to see some increased interest for the K-7.

The K-7 is a great camera and it was underrated by too many sites.

After 1 year of usage and about 10,000 counts, I am more and more impressed by the K-7, its strength and WR, the grip, and level of controls...

Thank you, JP, to remind us how good it the K-7....

11-13-2010, 01:20 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by curiouspeter Quote
I waited for the K-5 so that I could buy a K-7 at a good price. The body feels so nice in your hand and the kit lens is actually decent.

The noise is not that bad after all. Just do not underexpose.
hehe me too
it's in the post
Pete
11-13-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
Inactive Account

As an early adopter for pentax cameras and have paid premium for those even though i know that the price will come down eventually never bothers me, could be obsess by new technology pentax has to offer. And yes lots of them eagerly wanna experience handling what really is behind the K-7 weather sealed components (price went down due to K-5) . Some really are a bit disappointed when the lights get low but for those who uses controlled lighting or if there is sufficient light really enjoys by how the K-7 expose those pictures.

Hurray ! for the K-7 new owners. cheers !!!
...buaobao
11-13-2010, 03:30 AM   #10
Banned

Well selling your K-7 in secondhand market in The Netherlands isn't easy since K-5 arrived. I noticed that all prior camarea's from Pentax dropped in price at the time.
11-13-2010, 03:42 AM   #11
Inactive Account

I wouldn't take one if it was given to me. I hope when i order and get the k-5 it takes some of the bad taste out of my mouth.
If it wasnt for johnbee's preview of the k-5 I would of pre ordered the canon 60d. Now i am going to wait until i check out the k-5.
11-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
I wouldn't take one if it was given to me. I hope when i order and get the k-5 it takes some of the bad taste out of my mouth.
If it wasnt for johnbee's preview of the k-5 I would of pre ordered the canon 60d. Now i am going to wait until i check out the k-5.
Wow, that is harsh. I like my K7 better than my K20. I have learned its weaknesses and avoid those, but all around, I enjoy using it a lot. Do I want a K5? Yes, but that will have to wait.

I guess I don't understand judging a camera just on one item (high iso). APS-C sensors have taken a huge jump in the last year. The K7 compares well to APS-C cameras released at or before its released date, it is just that there have been a lot of really good cameras released since then. There are still people who shoot great photos with the *ist D, much less a K7.
11-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by garyk Quote
I wouldn't take a Canon if it was handed to me. I'd still rather have a Pentax. It's all about the glass. K7 or K5, you cannot beat the FA or DA LTD lenses.

Last edited by r0ckstarr; 11-13-2010 at 05:49 AM.
11-13-2010, 05:44 AM   #14
wll
Veteran Member

Well from what I've seen !

K-7's are up for sale like hot cakes. I just bought another K-20D because of the sensor being better than the K-7 in low light IMHO.

Goes to show ya, different strokes for different folks !

wll
11-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Since the K5 became available, it sure seems that more and more people are now buying and praising the K7!
(At least, that is what I am reading here on this forum ... more people buying and loving the K7)

Doesn't that make you remember of the "ill-fated" K20D a while back, when people were complaining left and right about it?
Suddenly, after the K7 was released, the K20D became a true wonder.
Hehe, what you observe is essentially true. Natural human re-actions really.
The 'old' K-x is also receiving huge support as being still worthy too.

This is all Good Thing™ because people shouldn't need to be ashamed of, or feel left behind just because they don't catch this latest gravy train, for whatever reason.
We all move on when ready, and not before. Every dog has his day.

.R.