Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dragonfly Quote
The white body is great. I get lots of women asking me what it is and where to get it. I could do worse.
tell them, "my place"

12-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by clockwork247 Quote
tell them, "my place"
I bought a black one—or at least I thought I did. When I unpacked it, I discovered it was White! I used it for library work thanks to good ISO performance (but ouch loud shutter), had no time to exchange. But I don't mind nor do I think resale value of popular colours is lower than black. Certainly not white.

My only concern is: what if you use other than kit lenses? All primes or quality zooms are black.

No problem for me. My wife loved the White K-x so much I've now got a second K-x, this time in black....
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM   #18

I could only get my K-7 in black, which is what I wanted anyway. However, I'm interested in hearing what you eventually went with... Black? White? Red? Or... did you find one of those truly unusual color combinations from Japan? My 25 year old daughter is looking at one and isn't sure what color she wants to go with but she's sure hers won't be black.

I enjoyed this discussion as it made me think of different things regarding the pros and cons of the various colors that I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

Last edited by PentaxRev; 12-14-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
12-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #19

Greetings all from a very dark (and getting colder) NW England. Hope to be the proud owner of a KX tomorrow (my first DSLR and first ever Pentax). Not going to be able to play though until the 25th when i can open it 'officially'. I definitely wanted something more inspiring than black and have opted for 'olive green'. Looks like a cross between grey and green, but i'm quite impressed by its appearance!

I can see the appeal of white one, navy blue would be ok too, but most of the others are a bit too garish for my liking. Still, each to their own and at least Pentax has introduced a bit of fun to the proceedings. Hope to get a K-5 maybe in about 18 months if all goes well with KX - wouldn't mind a special edition olive one of those !

regards

Karlo

12-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digital Archer Quote

Not going to be able to play though until the 25th when i can open it 'officially'. I definitely wanted something more inspiring than black and have opted for 'olive green'. Looks like a cross between grey and green, but i'm quite impressed by its appearance!
Great colour choice there, Karlo. At least it will blend well with the sombre weather you're having over there.

To quell your frustrations of not being allowed to play for another 1.5 weeks, can I suggest that you prep by grabbing a copy of the Manual in PDF form from here;
Support & Service : PENTAX
That should provide some good reading, for a night or two anyway.

Also download the latest firmware (1.01) just in case your K-x comes with outdated version 1.00. It's very easy to update, just follow the readme.

I'd grab the Software update to v4.31 too, the version you'll likely get supplied on CD will be older.
PENTAX Digital Camera Utility (aka SilkyPix Light) is quite a useful image manipulation program to have installed.

.R.
12-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #21

I'm trying to decide between the blue, orange, or white. The blue and orange are the cheapest right now it seems. But I've wanted the white for a while now.
12-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #22

I have the navy blue. I now want the green

12-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
My only concern is: what if you use other than kit lenses? All primes or quality zooms are black.

You be the judge.
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #24

I just ordered a K-x the other day. First DSLR and I am very excited, should be here tomorrow. If it had been my choice I would have gotten the white, very cool. I let my wife decide though and she picked green. I really like the color choices, rather than just assuming everyone wants black. Kind of adds a little fun to it.
12-14-2010, 11:52 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Given black was the 8th most popular colour i would not think resale would be less.

I have a silver one on ebay now so i'll let you know if it is less or not, however silver is rare as hens teeth outside of japan.
12-15-2010, 05:44 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ohyouloveme Quote
White for me and I loved it. If you ever change or upgrade, you can be sure that you will end up with black again. So since black is inevitable, why not take a shot with white now?

I'm saying this as I have a white k-x and a black k-5. I enjoy every moment with both.

By the way, if you are even asking such a questin, I reckon white draws you sufficiently enough. Go for it. It's a beauty =)
+1 for this except my black one is a K20D, instead of the K-5

NaCl(but the K-5 is coming some day)H2O
12-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jaymiz Quote
I have a white KX and honestly if I had the chance I'd trade it for a black one.
You may want to sell it to me
12-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Smolk Quote
I actually don't like the look of the white kit lens with the white body. I prefer darker lenses with it.

Much prefer it over black, but I did originally want olive green. Now that I have white, I'm not sure I'd want anything else.

Last edited by Eruditass; 12-15-2010 at 10:37 PM.
12-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #29

Hypocorism,

thanks for your useful suggestions and link. I will certainly download the manual whilst i'm waiting and will check i've got latest updates once i'm set up. Camera not yet arrived although occasionally deliveries do still arrive up to about 17.30 (now 17:05). All internet deliveries seem to be running slowly after we had a bit of white stuff the other week! Playing catchup.

At the moment it seems a toss-up which will arrive home first - the 'Ashes' or my camera (Lol)!

Anyway, once again thanks for your reply
12-15-2010, 05:17 PM   #30

OK Saw the green, not wanting that green anymore. I like the blue. The white reminds me of the stormtroopers in Star Wars.