Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #1

How to measure battery life on the K10D

I have two batteries, one in the camera and one in the battery grip; I've set the priority to the grip battery, but how does one measure when the battery is about to go? I tried to use only the grip battery by removing the battery in the camera, but that wouldn't work.(What I meant there was that I wondered if the grip battery alone would power the camera; found out that it wouldn't, which surprised me.) I realize that the battery icon will appear 'washed' out when it is about to go, but I need something more definitive than that. Any ideas?

Thanks,

FLASH

09-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FLASH Quote
(snip) I wondered if the grip battery alone would power the camera; found out that it wouldn't, which surprised me. (snip)

Well, that certainly surprises me as well since I've been running my camera since almost the first day with only a battery in the grip. I talked to others here who are doing the same. And, as far as I know, there are no unique versions of the K10D. Therefore, unless you've selected something in the battery priority or other settings that would require the camera battery, your K10D should run solely off the battery in the grip.

stewart