Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: If you had the choice, what color K-x would you buy/did you buy?
Traditional Black 2932.58%
White 1617.98%
Red 88.99%
Navy 1213.48%
Olive Green 1213.48%
Beige 11.12%
Chocolate 11.12%
Pink 33.37%
Bright Blue   00%
Green 22.25%
Orange 55.62%
Purple   00%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #1

If you had the choice, what color kx would you get?

I know tons of people have posted about the stunning colors of the K-x. Now, i thought i might as well post a poll where we can compare the colors people like most. I live in the U.S., so im going to post the U.S. available colors. Please feel free to elaborate your choice!!!

Also, i wanted to make this clear: I know in Japan you can coston design a camera and all, but those cost about $1000, where these you can find for half if you look hard enough. this is based on the more affordable end of the spectrum, just wanted to make sure everyone understood why i didnt post any Japonese colors!

Last edited by dancinonwater; 11-14-2010 at 10:22 AM.
11-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
Ananta Androscoggin

While I bought the Red one, I also had some temptations towards the bright blue one (my wife's favorite color) or the chocolate one (being a chocoholic as I am).
11-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #3

Into firegrounds action photography so RED would have been pretty cool on scene!
Almost bought one but was worried it would eventually fade to some sort of pink after a few years.

Store where I finaly purchased camera from only had black ones in stock.

Michel
11-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/122527-white-black-k-x.html

11-14-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dancinonwater Quote
I know tons of people have posted about the stunning colors of the K-x. Now, i thought i might as well post a poll where we can compare the colors people like most. I live in the U.S., so im going to post the U.S. available colors. Please feel free to elaborate your choice!!!

Also, i wanted to make this clear: I know in Japan you can coston design a camera and all, but those cost about $1000, where these you can find for half if you look hard enough. this is based on the more affordable end of the spectrum, just wanted to make sure everyone understood why i didnt post any Japonese colors!
Thank you for clarifying that.

Fyi: I respectfully decline to vote, or at least not until everyone else votes, so that I can then see what the masses prefer, and choose something different.

Populous opinion can be prudent to consider and even to follow where it overwhelmingly defines superiority in function or operation, but not for (mainly) pure aesthetics, as colour is here. That remains the realm for the individual, of free spirit. And peer pressure or approval will never be a valid criterion in any judgment.

"You are so obviously from generation Why?" -- Anon

.R.
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #6

I really like the orange, but I have never seen deals on it. I'll probably pick up the white one in the coming months.
11-14-2010, 02:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I bought a black one but that was on the sole purpose of it being cheaper than the white one, which is the color I wanted. It looks like a storm trooper and I am a huge Star Wars fan.
11-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I'd go for a white one... I love the storm-trooper look =D

Pat

11-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Plaid
11-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I like a number of the colors, black, pink, purple, red, orange, in particular, but my heart belongs to the little green number. That's the one I covet the most and I'm really hoping that eventually the K-r's will get the same color spectrum because while I'd like to upgrade to a K-r body I'd still like that body to be a kooky green. You'd have to see my choice of DSLR kit bag to get it, but it's very "me" that little green camera.
11-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like that the texture is different than the black spatter pattern. I never really thought about the difference until I saw and held one, but I really thought it would feel like the slick smoothness of Legos, but it's more of a smooth eggshell finish. Kind of like a very well done paint job.
11-14-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Silver w/ brown grip, no question.
11-15-2010, 04:42 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I bought a black one but that was on the sole purpose of it being cheaper than the white one, which is the color I wanted. It looks like a storm trooper and I am a huge Star Wars fan.
That's a pity. How much did you save on the black then? Hope it was a bundle.
Regards,
--Anders.
11-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I got the white one because it looked like something a Storm Trooper would use... But looking at the olive Green brought back some military memories...

i just wish they would come out with color coordinating lenses....
11-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
rjm
Forum Member

A word of caution about non-black: what you prefer after some time with it may not what you think you prefer pre-purchase.

Some of the combinations that seem really gross initially can really grow on you. Case in point the silver-brown example posted earlier, and some of the Japanese-market-only metallics.