Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K7 AWB not working???

Help! Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what setting I have messed up. It appears to me that the AWB on my K 7 is just not working at all. The observation I'm making is that two photos taken under exactly the same lighting conditions look EXACTLY the same whether WB is set to AUTO or DAYLIGHT. I would expect that a photo taken indoors under incandescent light would look significantly different if the camera were set on AUTO vs DAYLIGHT. There is also NO difference if I set the AWB under tungsten light to SUBTLE or STRONG in the menu. Seems that for all intents and purposes I have NO AWB. I just noticed this yesterday when taking photos of my black dog outdoors yesterday but in the strong shade of a building. The JPG images had a strong blue tone (lucky I shoot in RAW+)

So, please, what the heck is wrong??????

11-14-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
Help! Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what setting I have messed up. It appears to me that the AWB on my K 7 is just not working at all. The observation I'm making is that two photos taken under exactly the same lighting conditions look EXACTLY the same whether WB is set to AUTO or DAYLIGHT. I would expect that a photo taken indoors under incandescent light would look significantly different if the camera were set on AUTO vs DAYLIGHT. There is also NO difference if I set the AWB under tungsten light to SUBTLE or STRONG in the menu. Seems that for all intents and purposes I have NO AWB. I just noticed this yesterday when taking photos of my black dog outdoors yesterday but in the strong shade of a building. The JPG images had a strong blue tone (lucky I shoot in RAW+)

So, please, what the heck is wrong??????
If you use the green mode on your mode dial, you get AWB only - at least that's what happens with my K10. Try using P mode instead.
11-14-2010, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Never mind Answered my own question. It seems that shooting in reverse film mode imitates EVERYTHING about slide film and AWB is pretty much disabled. Switched back to VIBRANT and , voila, AWB works great again. Lesson learned and maybe some useful info passed on to everyone here.