Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Holiday sales on new DSLRs? (k-x)

For the first time ever I am thinking of buying a brand new DSLR. I have always bought used Pentax bodies, with great success.

I want to add the K-X to my kit. There doesn't seem to be a lot of used ones on the market, and the ones I see are not that much less than the new price.

Since I have never been shopping for a new DSLR around Christmas, i wanted to ask before i made a mistake... Do retailers offer any holiday discounts or packages on Pentax gear? More than what you can get normally, I mean. As the entry level model for Pentax, I was hoping we might see something...

Right now a major online retailer has the basic kit for $500. Good deal. But I wonder if it is common for there to be better ones nearer the holidays?

slinky

Last edited by mediaslinky; 11-16-2010 at 07:43 AM.
11-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have heard that it is pretty hard to find Pentax gear on sale around the holidays. Newegg.com just had a daily special of 10% off all DSLRs so if you are patient you probably can find a deal.

I see Kx's on this marketplace all the time and most of them are good deals. Brand new with 1 lens will be $500 and I see them on here for around $400 sometimes.

My suggestion, buy it from this marketplace.
11-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KxBlaze Quote
I have heard that it is pretty hard to find Pentax gear on sale around the holidays. Newegg.com just had a daily special of 10% off all DSLRs so if you are patient you probably can find a deal.

I see Kx's on this marketplace all the time and most of them are good deals. Brand new with 1 lens will be $500 and I see them on here for around $400 sometimes.

My suggestion, buy it from this marketplace.
+1
I got mine from the marketplace for $430 including an 8gig SD card, and that was early this last summer. What with all the interest in the K-5 and the K-r there should be people unloading their old cams.

NaCl(you should be able to find a good deal here)H2O