Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Ansmann P-100 Battery Pack

Hi There
I am having major problems with Ansmann P-100 Battery Pack.

When I fit the unit to my Pentax K100D Super camera switch the unit on, and if I press or alter any of the switches or dials the shutter goes off.
If I hold any key depressed the shutter goes off continuously

Making the camera unusable as I cannot alter any settings or take Photo's.

The supplier has been very good and has supplied two off units to date.
I find it hard to believe that two units could be faulty.

If I reinstall the original four off batteries the problem goes away and the camera functions OK.
I have reset all menus to original settings.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Teppy

11-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by teppy_dumppy Quote
Hi There
I am having major problems with Ansmann P-100 Battery Pack.

When I fit the unit to my Pentax K100D Super camera switch the unit on, and if I press or alter any of the switches or dials the shutter goes off.
If I hold any key depressed the shutter goes off continuously

Making the camera unusable as I cannot alter any settings or take Photo's.

The supplier has been very good and has supplied two off units to date.
I find it hard to believe that two units could be faulty.

If I reinstall the original four off batteries the problem goes away and the camera functions OK.
I have reset all menus to original settings.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Teppy
For what it's worth, I don't find it That unlikely that two units from the same supplier could be bad. In all likelihood, they came from the same production run so whatever is affecting one, could also be affecting the other.

Now, if I understand you correctly, your camera only behaves this way with the grip attached. Yes? Camera functions normally without the grip? You say if you install the 'Original 4 Batteries' the camera functions correctly. Is that in the Camera, or in the grip?

This Sounds like you may have a weak cell or two, not providing enough power causing the camera with the grip attached to have a mind of it's own. Do the buttons on the camera itself behave the same way when the grip is attached?

Don't have either the camera or the grip, just trying to ferret out some more information..

11-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
For what it's worth, I don't find it That unlikely that two units from the same supplier could be bad. In all likelihood, they came from the same production run so whatever is affecting one, could also be affecting the other.

Now, if I understand you correctly, your camera only behaves this way with the grip attached. Yes? Camera functions normally without the grip? You say if you install the 'Original 4 Batteries' the camera functions correctly. Is that in the Camera, or in the grip?

This Sounds like you may have a weak cell or two, not providing enough power causing the camera with the grip attached to have a mind of it's own. Do the buttons on the camera itself behave the same way when the grip is attached?

Don't have either the camera or the grip, just trying to ferret out some more information..

The Grip has its own batteries 2200 mAH - 6V you remove the original 4 Off AA 2000 mAh to install the unit.
Any attempt to depress any key actuates the shutter rendering the camera as useless.

If I reinstall the the original 4 Off AA 2000 mAh everything functions OK.
My next step is to locate and try the grip in another Pentax K100D Super camera.

Thanks for your assistance I will let you Know any progress