Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Raywood Quote
I just got mine from Cameta's eBay site. No problems and timely arrival. Used Paypal so assurance there also.
Don't bet on PayPal being your friend. I've heard of more people getting screwed by them in a dispute than being helped (a Google search will support this as well). Just an FYI for the future.

09-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mopar_man Quote
Don't bet on PayPal being your friend. I've heard of more people getting screwed by them in a dispute than being helped (a Google search will support this as well). Just an FYI for the future.
I got my money back on a DVD 'won' by PayPal. It is vital that you
- do your correspondence with the Seller through PayPal
- start a dispute before the expiration period (a few weeks; it's documented under the disputes section)
- then even more vital that the dispute be escalated to a case before the dispute expires.

If you don't execute either before the expiration period, or close either, you can't open it back up. So that can really screw you if you don't follow those rules.

The best thing that can happen is the seller never responds after you escalate a dispute to a case. You're pretty much guaranteed to get your money back then. How much you get is of course not that much tho. If you pay $13K for a car and get screwed, you're not getting that back from them.
09-29-2007, 06:22 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
The K100D is now 369 on Amazon.
09-30-2007, 06:07 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Grey-marked has ben mentioned yet AGAIN. What do you mean grey-market???? What proof of grey-market is there.

Pentax (US) does not admit to there being a grey-market whatever that is,

09-30-2007, 06:20 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Grey-marked has ben mentioned yet AGAIN. What do you mean grey-market???? What proof of grey-market is there.

Pentax (US) does not admit to there being a grey-market whatever that is,
It means good that are brought in to the country by a channel outside of the official distribution channel.

Eg. Company X has exclusive distribution right for pentax camera in USA. Retailer Z is able to source pentax cameras directly from Japan for cheaper than what company X wholesales them for. Retailer Z would be considered a 'grey market' seller.

There is nothing dodgy about it (like the 'black market'), but goods may have limited or no manufacturer warranty, depending on who the manufacturer is.