Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #1

New camera coming...

C'mon Wednesday!!!

I have a K-10D heading my way. I know I still have not begun to grow out of my DS (don't even deserve the K10D), but the opportunity presented itself, and the timing was right, so I pulled the trigger. Now to get to some serious learnin'!!!

09-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations on the new camera. It is an incredible machine. It has a lot of extras to learn. My other Pentax is also the DS. Keep it around for high ISO shooting, ttl flash, and portability.
Love all the controls that can be adjusted on the K10D, without going into the menu. Also love the 3 sec mirror lockup with wireless remote. Use the move to the next frame while magnified feature a lot to check sharpness on tough macro shots. Such a camera. Enjoy.
thanks
barondla
09-25-2007, 05:01 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
G'day - my Dynamic Duo is also the istDS+K10D combo.

It might sound strange, but the istDS is getting more or a workout these days. Because of its lightness, I've got it and a 50mm prime permanently stationed in my backpack for impromptu photo opportunities (I used to use a Nikon P&S for this), while the K10D and the full Bag o' Tricks comes out for specific outings and trips.

.... it's the best of all worlds! Both cameras are excellent, I really like the K10D's solidness and the slightly different 'view' it has of the world (I guess the Pentax marketing people call it 'film-like' but whatever it is, it's a bit different!). As for the DS, I like the lightness and the challenge of shooting with a single prime lens.