Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #1

K100D Super - Infrared capabilities?

I'm getting ready to buy my first DSLR in the next month or two, and have a question that's probably going to determine whether I go with the K100D or the K100D Super... Between the K100D and the Super, was the infrared sensitivity of the CCD unit changed at all, or is that unaffected by the changes between the two models?

09-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is really not point getting a K100D Super if you can find a K100D which will most definately be substantially cheaper.

The only real benefit of the K100D Super is the Crippled-KAF2 mount which allows for utilization of the SDM ultrasonice AF motor in the DA*16-50 and the DA*50-135 and future SDM lenses.
09-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
Uhh... Well, that doesn't answer any part of my question at all, but thanks... I was planning on getting the Super *for* the SDM compatibility if the infrared capability hasn't been gimped compared to the K100D, though. It's secondary to the infrared, but is indeed one of the major selling points for me.
09-22-2007, 11:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
From what I understand they're essentially the same camera except for the KAF2 mount and the Dust reduction

Some people say the Dust reduction doesn't help, while others swear by it.

In my opinion you should really look at if you'll want to buy some of the new lenses, and base your decision on that.

LeoTaylor modified his K110D for Astrophotgraphy, and the same mods work great with IR photography as well.
Here's the link.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/7538-modifying-pen...hotgraphy.html

09-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
From what I understand they're essentially the same camera except for the KAF2 mount and the Dust reduction
That'd be what I needed to know... Though I still think that if someone could say for sure if that's the case, it'd help.

QuoteQuote:
LeoTaylor modified his K110D for Astrophotgraphy, and the same mods work great with IR photography as well.
Here's the link.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/7538-modifying-pen...hotgraphy.html
Aah, if only I had the money to get a second camera at the same time...