Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2007, 08:56 AM   #1

Good camera store in Shanghai..

Well, a friend of mine went to China (university), and I was wondering if Pentax lenses are cheaper in China than in Europe (probably are). So, does anyone knows any good camera store in Shanghai, or at least good/cheap/reliable Chinese Camera&Lenses webshop.

Thank you.

09-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #2

Original Poster
Anyone....?
09-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've found that used K mount lenses are MUCH cheaper in europe than they are in the US.
09-26-2007, 03:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Shanghai Camera Mecca Report, Part II - Litratista.org

09-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #5

I don't know about prices in Europe but I bought a K10D in Shanghai about 4 months ago. It was maybe $300 more than I could have gotten it for in the US at the time. The store I bought from was recommended to me by someone ( a local) I worked with. I don't have the receipt with me but the name was something like Qio Lu. They're a little pricey but you can haggle with them some. They originally wanted 10,200 RMB for the K10D body only. I ended up with the body and 18-55mm kit lens for that price.

It's on East Nanjing Road. Take a taxi to the No. 1 Department store and start walking up Nanjing. Look to the left maybe 1/4 mile down the road. You'll know it's the right store if you see an escalator right as you walk inside. There weren't very many camera stores in that area so it shouldn't be too hard to find. The Pentax equipment was in the back left hand corner of the store as you walk in.

The next time I was in Shanghai a couple months later I went back and bought an FA50 1.4 and the magnifying eye cup from the same guy so I had no problems buying from them other than price. You won't find much Pentax equipment in Shanghai, at least I didn't.

I'm going home this weekend. I'll see if I can dig up the receipt and post the name of the store if you don't need it for a couple of days.

Slick