Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
if your gonna be doing a lot of Manual focusing, id suggest a split focusing screen for your new camera. and/or a magnifying eye cup ..certainly wouldn't hurt as I find focusing manually hard without the aid of a split focus screen..whatever you get...I hope you enjoy it old son

11-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by texoma Quote
What a great forum! Thanks to all of you for your quick response to my first ever post. The issue of AF was addressed well and your feedback tells supports my conclusion that the KR would most likely serve for fast action shots. I am not too worried about rain but more about dusty conditions and high humidity which we have plenty of here in east Texas. I have some good manual glass from my MX and Super Program so I will be doing a lot of manual shooting sa well. The K7 I am lookeng at comes with the weather sealed kit lens so that is the only AF I would have until I save up for more lens'.

I just stumbled on a KX with the kit lens for an unbelievable price of $150 from someone who does not know what they have. At that price I can get some more glass and save for what I am lusting for, the K5. I believe the KX would serve me well until I can get what I really want. Anyone disagree?
At that price I'd buy it even if I didn't need it ... that's an absolute gift. And the Kx also has much better high ISO than the K7 so that will help with slower lenses / low light.
11-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had no problem using auto focus for sports on my K10 and now with my K7 it's only better.