Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I have a k100 and k200. The k5 is the first pentax I'd really like to upgrade to - eventually, when it's more affordable for me. Even the k200 was more to fill the need for a second body than to upgrade.

Given what you own now, I'm a little confused as to why you'd want to upgrade to anything other than a k5. It just doesn't seem to be a big enough jump.

Paul

12-04-2010, 08:03 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Given what you own now, I'm a little confused as to why you'd want to upgrade to anything other than a k5. It just doesn't seem to be a big enough jump.
Yes, in my head that sums it up very logically. Although I often feel this ITCH happening. Wait - I think I may be getting CBA/LBA!

Thanks.

Glenn
12-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Can only echo what others have said. Unless you really need the better IQ at higher ISO, the K7 is a great buy and a camera that will satisfy. Put the extra cash into a 31mm, 43mm or 77mm prime.
12-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
If you read the dedicated K5 section on forum, the K5 has some quality control and firmware glitches that need to be addressed before I would upgrade from my K7. The K7, for better or worse, is road tested. I would recommend going to the Pentax Imaging website. There is a photo gallery which can be searched by type of lens used, camera body used, etc. Take a look at the photos specific to the K7 and the K5. If you can see a significant difference in the image quality between the two bodies, with equivalent lenses used, then you would probably be happier with the K5. If not, then you will get one heck of a deal on a wonderful camera in the K7.

12-07-2010, 01:46 AM   #20

Where are you starting from? There's lots to learn with the K-7, but if you are already an expert with DSLRs and have the funds, go for K-5. I use a K-7 and am very happy it except when shooting in very low light and I don't want to use the flash. With K-5 your low light shots will be less grainy or noisy than if you took them with K-7.

Adam