Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #1

New K10D user

Hello everybody:

I'm new pentax k10d lucky user. This is my first DSLR camera and after playing a lot with this one I have a simple question for the forum.

As I've used digital cameras for the last years (panasonic dmz10, sony f828) I'm used to see with the viewfinder a "real" procesed image before take it (exposure compensation, focus, wait balance, aperture result, light of the photo by the result of the shot speed, etc...) only pressing the shot button.

In the K10D cameras I can't do it becouse the pentaprisma shows a REAL LIVE VIEW IMAGE (well There is an option to do it but only on the LCD and taking a pre-photo). As all of you know, you have som information on the viewfinder to adjust exposure, aperture, speed and it gives quite good results but, if you are going to shoot using the flash, all de help to adjust correctly the image becomes unusefull.

Resuming: How do you do to adjust aperture and speed making shots with the camera flash?

Excuse me my poor english and thaks a lot.

09-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
practice. set your flash for exposing as you want, for instance -5 ev.
09-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi itzalak2

Welcome to PentaxForums and I hope that you are enjoying taking photographs with your new Pentax K10D. When you said with my "panasonic dmz10 / sony f828"

QuoteQuote:
I'm used to see with the viewfinder a "real" processed image before I take it
The reason for this is that I believe both the panasonic dmz10 / sony f828 are manufactured with
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) viewfinders.
The K10D is different from these types of camera in the respect that it is a Single Lens Reflex design, which means that the image passes via a mirror through a pentaprism to the viewfinder. As such the K10D like most other DSLR's does NOT have a 'live-view' facility in the actual viewfinder, although some of the latest but considerably more expensive designs (N****n D300) are starting to appear with additional 'live-view' LCD screens at the rear of the body, via some very clever electronics in their CCD circuitry. I believe S***y & Ol****s also produce a few DSLR's with 'live-view' LCD rear screens ?

The nearest thing to this is, as you correctly noted is......

QuoteQuote:
an option (on the K10D) to do it, but only on the LCD and taking a pre-photo
Hope this information helps make matters clearer for you,

Best regards
Richard

Last edited by Confused; 09-25-2007 at 11:18 AM.
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps if you wait long enough you can trade in your K10D for a K??D with live view, like the new Olymus E410/510, Nikon D300 and the Panasonic L110 camera's. It will give you almost this function.
For now, switch to RAW shooting and a good s/w package for PP, it will give you more control over Ev after.

- Bert