Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #1

Remote Shutter Control

I have a K-X and was wondering if there are any Shutter remotes (not wireless) for my camera.

I am interested in LONG exposure photography and was wondering if I could use this in the BULB function.

So far, from waht I've seen, is that the K-X only supports wireless controllers

11-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Check your manual. A cable release is best for long exposures in BULB function, but if you can't find a circular port on your camera, I don't see how you could use one.
11-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as I know, you can only use wireless remote for K-x but you can certainly do long exposures (I have done exposures of up to 30m so far).

There is an option in menus to have remote "toggle" shutter open / closed in Bulb mode. This works well.
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
As far as I know, you can only use wireless remote for K-x but you can certainly do long exposures (I have done exposures of up to 30m so far).

There is an option in menus to have remote "toggle" shutter open / closed in Bulb mode. This works well.

This is an option to consider. Check your user manual but you should have an option for use with wireless remotes that enable you to press the remote once and the shutter will remain open until you press the remote a second time which closes the shutter.

11-29-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The only remote is the IR one. With this the default setting is to start exposure with the first press and end it on the second one (Menu / C.12). The other option probably works with the Pentax remote, my cheap ebay knockoff only works with the default setting. (For really cheap, you might try a regular remote control, some buttons on my Sony TV/DVD remotes seem to work :-)
11-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
Forum Member

I find that stacking multiple 30sec exposures works way better and has many advantages over single long exposures....

Stacking Star Trails: Tips & Techniques - O'Reilly Digital Media Blog
11-29-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pclix LT Introduction

Pclix has a cable that attaches to the front of the camera over the IR receiver.
11-30-2010, 03:30 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Found this on another thread: https://sites.google.com/a/pentax.org.pl/tomaszkos/en

11-30-2010, 07:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
Thanks for the link. Very interesting.