Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

focus issues on my K10d - I'd really appreciate some advice!

Hi all,

I'm gonna have to make this quick as I'm up for work tomorrow and its way past my bedtime! so i apologise in advance for garbling:

ok so ive had a K10d for the best part of a year and now with my investment in a tamron 17-50 f2.8 i have realised that my camera body is not auto focusing correctly... (i dont think its the lens, as on closer inspection my 18-55 kit lens has the same issue, just masked by its slower aperture).

i appear to be back focusing badly, so i thought id be clever and download the hacked 1.10 firmware and play with the AF calibration. this worked fine and ive been fiddling with it for about an hour now. i have found that with +140 or so adjustment my focus on near objects (min focus distance territory) is now perfect!
BUT on more distant objects (im talking 1-2 meters) now im badly front focusing! so i seem to be able to be able to ether focus accurately on very near objects, or further objects exclusively. as you can appreciate this situation is less than ideal...

is there a way i can calibrate the auto focus separately at different focal lengths? this seems to be what is needed... or am i barking up the wrong tree entirely?

i really need to fix this... does anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

11-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
None that I know of. Your best bet is probably going to be to pick a mid-range focal length and adjust for that. Even on cameras that allow AF adjustments (K20/7/5) you are still dealing with single focal length adjustments only.