Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2010, 11:35 PM   #1

Best settings indoor basketball game.

Hi! I am a newbie here and I wanted to first say hi to everyone!

Also, I wanted to know what are the best settings when you are taking pictures of an indoor basketball game in a gym?

I do not know much about my camera. It's a brand new experience for me because before having a Pentax K-X, I was taking pictures with my cellphone

Thank you a lot!

11-30-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which lenses do you have with it?
11-30-2010, 12:59 AM   #3

Sense you are using the Kx you have quite a bit of wiggle room on the ISO. Use as fast of a shutter speed as you can and still get a good exposure, (Unless you are going for motion blur), 1/125 should be the slowest under most conditions. Take some test shots during warm-ups. I almost always shoot manual so my settings don't change unless I want them to. If you are using a kit lens you probably don't have much choice but to use as high of an ISO as the noise will allow. with my K10D, ISO 1600 is way too noisy, but you can probably go to 3200.
11-30-2010, 05:11 AM   #4
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The lenses you have will make a big difference to the setting you can choose to get the best results indoors.

But as mentioned in general, high ISO and large aperture are the way to go to get stopped action and minimise blur.