Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #1

[langtitle=af]K20D and K100DS[/langtitle]

Hi All

Is there a way to "name" my camera's with my details, so that when I post pictures on the web, the picture is already under my name so to speak? I am a bit new to this digital photo market place!

12-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm pretty sure you can embed copyright info directly from your camera. I think that the setting is in the settings menu. If you set it, all your photos will be branded in the EXIF.

If you want to add watermarks, etc, you'll have to do so through post-processing.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
Hi Jakes,

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to accomplish, but perhaps this will help.

The K20D allows you to change the prefix of your image file names. A filename would be in the format of "XXXX####.jpg". You can customize the XXXX part to whatever you like.

Look under Menu->Set up->File Name.

This is not supported on the K100DS.

Otherwise I do not know a way to embed personal info into the EXIF data of the file directly in the camera. I think some of the newer models, like the K-7 allow you to add a copyright tag automatically.

Good luck.

-Mike