Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2007, 08:19 PM   #16

I often work with a couple of other photographers for event photography. I can't stand up more than 5 minutes, but I often operate the printers.

Lately we were using a Fuji tethered with the software at a corporate event. It was fine for quick "mass produced" couples shots, available after the event for ten bucks each.

Not exactly my style of photography. I have to say I really hated the stupid Fuji tethered software. But the whole job felt like McPhotography. Hopefully the Penatx software will be better.

05-13-2007, 03:12 AM   #17

K100d Tetherd Shooting

hi
I have a Pentax k100d and i installed the Remote assistant 1 software on my pc and when i plugged my camera in it appeard to work half the time because i could take a few photos and save them to disk they were perfectly normal just somtimes the computer lost connection with the camera but other wise it works.

I got it to work by first plugging the camera into the pc and turning it on (the camera comes on then shows PC on the LCD on the top) then i started up the remote assistant software and after a few seconds once the the remote assistant software has started up some of the icons on the remote assistant software light up and "PC" dissappears from The cameras LCD replaced with the usual info.
Hope this helps,

Mike
06-21-2007, 03:11 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Got to agree with davemdsn, tethered shooting really only suits static photography like in a studio or a set. Works great on the K10 but cant really see it being used anywhere other than in a static scenario.

at McPhotos..."ill take a upsize shake and fries with that thanks."
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #19
and
Veteran Member

wow... this is a very old thread....

Regaring tethered shooting on the K10D, I tried it once and the software was SO BUGGY I dont think that would have been usable in studio shoot. The QC of the software was terrible... they really need to release a bugfix update

09-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #20
Inactive Account

I couldn't find it

I am shooting with k200, and there is no way to tether mu camera to my pc yet, I am wondering if the new version is coming, if so, when?
thanks guys
09-15-2008, 03:17 PM   #21

unfortuanely its only for the kxxd series, not kxxxd (k10d and k20d only). if you're interested to learn more about it, there's another thread on here right now talking about this: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/36893-hooking-k10d-laptop.html
06-15-2009, 12:19 AM   #22

PRA is not available on Pentax website now. Am I missing some thing

Last edited by connect_gs; 06-15-2009 at 01:35 AM. Reason: To improve clarity of question
06-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think you can find it here: Customer Support - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site. Just put in the K20 as your camera and click go.