Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #1

Front\back focus correction in 20D

K20D gives possibility of correcting front\back focus both for all lenses at once and for each separate lense (numbering to 20). When you enter menu-AF adjustment-apply one, camera should display ID of current lense. My camera displayed no ID at all when I was adjusting FA 31\1.8. Adjustment was succesful, I am very pleased with the result. But I wonder if my camera did the right job. How will it accept next lense if it doesnt read ID? How will it distnguish among several lenses in future? Sincerely yours, Kurki.

12-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the K20D recognizes the lens ID, the adjustment screen displays both adjustment sliders; all or single. If no ID is recognized, you only see the "All" slider. I have never seen the actual ID# for the lens even using hacked firmware to gain more control.
12-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Its easy to do a test.

Put different lenses on and see where the position of hte slider is for the lens you adjusted. If its where you placed it during the adjustment, it remembers it.

I put my Tamron 28-75 to -4 for a specific lens, and it remembers it different from my FA-50
12-06-2010, 05:10 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks everybody!