Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D Pixel Lines Issue

Within the past couple days my K20 has developed an intermittent issue with lines in the pictures. These are vertical in orientation (landscape mode) and rotate to horizontal if in portrait mode. I've only noticed it in 3 photos (shown below) and though they can be seen easily on the camera LCD, they're really only become a major factor on the computer screen when magnified (i.e. 100% crop).

It's happened now with three different lenses (all manual, haven't tried A or DA lenses yet), and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it happening (i.e. the first shot when turning the camera on...).

Anyone have any ideas or have this happen before?

12-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I've had this happen w/ my K20D a few times in the last 14 months (as long as I'ved owned it), as well. I came to the conclusion that it happened with the first shot after turning it on, but that may not be entirely accurate.

When it does happen (maybe 6 times in 2000+ shots), it's only in one shot of the series and it doesn't appear to be getting worse/happening more often. So, I've just not worried about it.
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NewportPreacher Quote
I've had this happen w/ my K20D a few times in the last 14 months (as long as I'ved owned it), as well. I came to the conclusion that it happened with the first shot after turning it on, but that may not be entirely accurate.

When it does happen (maybe 6 times in 2000+ shots), it's only in one shot of the series and it doesn't appear to be getting worse/happening more often. So, I've just not worried about it.
I guess that's good to know. I too have only had one in any given set where that's occurred. I thought it might have something to do with going from a warm car to cold outside temp, and perhaps it still does, but I'm not really trying to reproduce it on purpose.

I'm trying to hold off on sending it in for its one gratis cleaning/checkup til I've had it at least 1.5-2 years of the 3 year warranty.
12-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

That could be a bad card, try a different card, and also try formatting the card in use. I've also seen that when shooting near something that puts out a lot of stray electrical radiation, though this is likely not your problem.

12-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
That could be a bad card, try a different card, and also try formatting the card in use. I've also seen that when shooting near something that puts out a lot of stray electrical radiation, though this is likely not your problem.

Interesting. This is a fairly new card, but I'll try one of the others I have and/or reformatting.