Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Inactive Account

[langtitle=it]Consiglio tra kx e K7[/langtitle]

Ciao a tutti sono nuovo per cui scusate se ho sbagliato posto dove scrivere.
Dunque...ho sentito parlare molto bene della Pentax KX ; io vorrei la K7 ma ci sto pensando perchè è un po troppo costosa.
Se opto per la KX faccio bene ? E' veramente buona come dicono.
Vi ringrazio ragazzi e E'URGENTE

12-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It really depends on what you need.

The K7 offers more Mega Pixels, more external controls (2nd wheel), weather sealing, HDMI output, I'm sure there's more but I cannot remember.

The Kx offers better high ISO performance, more compact, cheaper $, I'm probably also forgetting some here too.

So ask yourself is the extra money and loss in high ISO performance (2 of the more important advantages over the K7, in my opinion) worth it to get the K7 over the Kx? And obviously vice versa for the Kx over the K7.

I have a Kx and have no regrets of not getting any other camera. I think the Kx is one of the best bang-for-your-buck cameras ever made.
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The frame-rate of the K7 is faster - ask yourself whether you will be shooting a lot of action.
ISO 100 of the K7 is superior to the ISO 200 of the KX, but the KX wins at high ISO. What's more important to you?
The tactile layout of the K7 allows you to work faster than the KX's menu system.

It comes down to what kind of ISO you will need, and how important speed-of-use is to you.
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes these are questions that truly only you can answer.
My previous digital camera is the K10 so when I wanted to upgrade I was also stuck with the thoughts of either a K-x or K-7. I think the K-7 has advantages over the K-x with better feature controls using two thumb wheels; compared to one, body construction, slightly more pixels and stereo audio with the video.
The forum has very nice tools with listings of the features of both cameras, though I am sure you have studied both side by side.
So do the costs justify the differences? This is your answer. At the very least, one of these will make a great camera. And welcome to the forum and hopefully soon, Pentax cameras.

12-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you are tight on cash, buy the K-X and a lens with your left over money. That lens is an investment, the body is not.
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

The K7 wins on build and features, the Kx wins on sensor and price. As others have said, only you can draw a list and put relative values on those things. The K7 is more than capable of taking great photos and it definitely has a lot tougher body as well.
12-07-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You already received some good advice. Both the K-x and K-7 cameras are great camera bodies. No question, every one will agree.

However your needs are also important and your final decision must take into account the needs. There are pros and cons for both the K-x and K-7. There are numerous threads on these.

Better, go to the local shop and try yourself both the K-x and K-7. Your handfeel is very important. Do not buy a camera for which you do not like the hand feel.

Hope that the comment will help...
12-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote

Better, go to the local shop and try yourself both the K-x and K-7. Your handfeel is very important. Do not buy a camera for which you do not like the hand feel.

You will never read anything truer than the above. Every DSLR made in the past several years is capable of making excellent pictures, every one has strong points and weak points.
Having said that, I'd go for the K7 based on the feel, even though the Kx is technically the better picture maker.

12-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I agree 1000% with the last two posts, and think hand feel/handling is one of the most unappreciated factors in photography. All the talk about focus speed, pixels, ISO performance, specs, etc. are all fine and have their place (even though some folks may too much weight into their value relative to their shooting needs), if the camera body is comfortable and feels solid, quick, nimble, you will shoot more, and maybe even in angles you wouldn't try with a less comfortable body.

I handled a KX, and although it has much better specs than my K200D, the feel left me cold, and even though I was more familiar with the K200, I just didn't think I could take to the KX handling. Others may have the opposite reaction.