Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2010, 01:01 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K-x and HD captures

I recently got the Pentax K-x in Black. I can't say enough about this wonderful camera. I've been shooting with SLRs for 25 years now, and this is the finest one I have ever used. It is such a pleasure to hold and use. You feel like you are holding something very special, as the build quality is top notch. The HD video feature is awesome, too. I've been tinkering around with HD video on my PC for a couple of years now, so I know all about the formats of HD. You are going to need a computer with a bit of muscle under the hood to be able to play your HD videos. I recommend a dual core processor. That should be enough to handle, playing your HD captures( litle help on K-x video review: Videoclips about Pentax K-x Digital Camera ). It shoots video in the .avi format. And if you like to upload to YouTube, it works just fine. YouTube actually recognizes the video as being HD, and thus allows it to be played in their HD player. The other thing I love about this camera, is the RAW format. It lets you choose between the Pentax RAW (PEF), or the highly used .DNG (Digital Negative) format, which is so very versatile. I like shooting in .dng, since it's non proprietary, and Adobe Photoshop has no problem with it. As for the picture quality, and camera settings, they are what you would expect to be with any DSLR. I've always been a Canon guy, but couldn't resist this little gem. I'm so glad I opted for the Pentax, and have no regrets.