Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K20D body or DA 35ltd problem?

Hi all,

This is my first topic in Pentax forums. I'm using a K20D + DA 35ltd for a few months and I don't do much shooting.

Last Saturday, I went out and shot some for my friends. The weather was sunny, hot and no cloud at all. But all the images just like ..... have some kind of fog all over it. I have to make some PP for all of them. I don't know if this is the body problem or the lens.

Here is the samples:

- Stock :

- PP with LR 3.2:

Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad English.

Cheers.

12-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No harsh lighting here - looks quite pleasant actually. But yes, unexpected for full sun.
Not sure what the issue is but you'll expect some contrast adjustment to make most images 'pop'.
12-14-2010, 03:31 AM   #3

OP, i doubt it's something to do with the lens, safely dismiss that one. if you had full sun, i'd be expecting something more vibrant than that as well. what were your white balance settings at the time? what mode were you in?

(don't stress about your supposedly "bad" english, by the way - just remember you speak more than one language, whereas most native english speakers do not FWIW, your english is just fine, we understand you.)
12-14-2010, 03:35 AM   #4

actually, sorry, white balance doesn't seem to be off. i noticed in your corrected image, you have upped the contrast a fair bit, to the point of losing a bit of detail in the darker area of the flower... would really need to know all your settings at the time to make sense of it all. things like highligh and shadow correction, etc etc

12-14-2010, 05:52 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
DA35 Ltd. is my favourite and most used lens. I used it a lot with K-20D and did not encounter any sort of problems. Only thing was that AF sometimes goes hunting in low light.

I think your "problem" is AE or metering related. The camera exposes a bit darker as expected, but you are the captain and have to engage EV compensation. Or even better, shoot RAW.

cheers,
d
12-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you are a little underexposed. This is easily fixed with a little positive EV compensation. The other thing is that you seem to like quite a bit of color saturation -- probably more than what the camera would normally give. It is possible to up this in-camera, if you are shooting Jpegs. Just be warned, that increase the vibrancy/saturation may make your flowers and landscapes pop more, but it will also tend to make skin tones look very odd.

I guess I would play with the jpeg settings and see if you can find a setting that pleases your eyes.