The k-x menu has these entries:

DSP ADJ DAT CAMERA=>SD
DSP ADJ DAT SD=>CAMERA
CPU ADJ DAT CAMERA=>SD
CPU ADJ DAT SD=>CAMERA

and the separate entries:

CPU ROM DAT CAMERA=>SD
DSP ROM DAT CAMERA=>SD

I'm guessing the "ADJ DAT" might be images of data structures containing whatever persistent settings there are (as there is apparenty no EEPROM or other such entry in the debug menu these might be stored in a section of the flash at shutdown which would have allowed eliminating the EEPROM from the BOM).

12-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #17

Ah, the older models only have the "ROM" (flash really) and EEPROM dumping functions.

Those older DSP flash dumps do include those current settings accessible through the normal menu - the ones the can be cleared with USR DAT CLEAR - though I don't know of those are actually written right in the middle of the code flash blocks as it appears, which would be quite unconventional, or if it just an NVRAM mapped into the same memory space.

My guess is that the ADJ DAT functions on your K-x read and write a separate EEPROM (or two) as on the older models, so if you wanted, you could still try zeroing them out or substituting dumps from a known good K-x.

Given the symptoms, however, I still think that a more likely suspect are poor connections between the lens EEPROM and main camera PCB through the spring-loaded contacts in the camera's lens mount.
12-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #18

I vote for sending it in to be fixed