Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
New Kx questions

Hi folks I have a new K-x and am going to love it, but i have a few questions 1sy
1) I have a Quantaray QTB_9500A flash from old Me Super setup
it has a PX mount/module, is it safe to use this flash with the K-X?
do I need to get a different module? if so where can I go? will it have full functionality with the camera? if not what do I need to set it on?

Also I have all my old k mount lenses, it it possible to use these lenses on this camera I see in the manual that I need to have at least a Ka mount lense. I have tried the lenses on the camera and they will mount on the camera but they dont work, instead i get "F___" flashing in the aperture icon. is there adapters that they make to still be able to use these lenses?
Thank you ahead of time for your answers

12-16-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The older lenses should work well. Make sure none of them have Ricoh pin contacts as these will cause trouble when mounted to the digital bodies of Pentax. If any have an R in the P-KR or P(A) KR; any R - seek opinions before mounting those.

Now go in your camera menu and in the Custom Settings on one of the last pages see Aperture Ring Use and select allow. Then read this.

Shooting manual lenses on Pentax DSLRs « robertsdonovan.com

With the flash - it's more a question of voltage. And someone else will be along shortly to help you with that. Or do a little search around the forum as the question has been publicly addressed before.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on continuing your photography with Pentax and the K-x.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 12-16-2010 at 05:59 AM.
12-16-2010, 06:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

And read this sticky from the PentaxForums beginners forum on using manual lenses:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html
12-16-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The voltage on your flash is safe:

Scroll down here, and right below the main Quantary section, there's a listing for the 9500:

Photo Strobe Trigger Voltages

You won't get P-TTL though with your current module.