Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-19-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New K20D on the Way!

So I've been thinking of getting a second body and someday I'll get a K5 but it's a stretch right now and I don't need many of the features it has beyond the K20D. With the recent dropping of prices on great cameras I've been watching these threads and then started calling around Ultimate Electronics stores and picked up a new K20D body for $299, woohoo!

I love my K200D, but am pretty stoked about this addition.

Just wanted to pass it along.

12-19-2010, 09:16 AM   #2
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
So I've been thinking of getting a second body and someday I'll get a K5 but it's a stretch right now and I don't need many of the features it has beyond the K20D. With the recent dropping of prices on great cameras I've been watching these threads and then started calling around Ultimate Electronics stores and picked up a new K20D body for $299, woohoo!

I love my K200D, but am pretty stoked about this addition.

Doesn't do me any good I live in California. I that price I would buy two of them. The K20D is my favorite camera.

You live close to where you got it ?

wll
12-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I found it in their Albuquerque store they shipped it to Tigard, OR where I got it picked it up. I live in CA too. Had to do kind of a work around to get it close.

UE staff are incredibly friendly and helpful by the way.
12-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah Yes ! K20D is a gem and i'd been using it mainly for controlled lighting coz it always gives me a very good quality. I even don't need to use raw for i know that outcome is more than enough for what I need.

...buaobao

12-19-2010, 10:35 AM   #5

OMG, it's incredible. I'm living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Could anyone help me how to get one? I really want to touch a DSLR camera (
12-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

The K20 is a wonderful camera. I have had mine for going on 2 years now. The K5 is wonderful, but the K20 is paid for and works very well for me.

There is an Ultimate Electronics a couple of miles down the road from here, I guess I should go down and see what they actually have. I see on their website several Kx units for $499, although clicking on it tells me that its not available at my store and there is some in Beverton, OR. (scroll all the way down).Any way, have fun with the K20 - it does do Tethering as neither the K7 nor K5 do. It has all the bells and whistles... $300 is, I think, a terrific price (especially for a new unit)!!

12-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Good for you ...

Congratulations on your new K20D - what a steal. A few weeks ago on this site another member scored a new K20d at Ultimate Electronics for $499 in Colorado. They just opened a new store in my Buffalo, NY area but no K20D's. The only Pentax camera was a P&S. I tried calling other U.E. stores in Syracuse and Albany, NY but no luck. I guess it's all about being in the right place at the right time. Enjoy your new camera !
12-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by biff Quote
so i've been thinking of getting a second body and someday i'll get a k5 but it's a stretch right now and i don't need many of the features it has beyond the k20d. With the recent dropping of prices on great cameras i've been watching these threads and then started calling around ultimate electronics stores and picked up a new k20d body for $299, woohoo!

I love my k200d, but am pretty stoked about this addition.

what???!!!!

12-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, maybe it was a fluke or the box was opened. They said it is all new and that was AOK with me. I guess calling around and catching a store stocking one or two discontinued items works out sometimes.

I can't wait to start using it with my K200D. I handled one a year or so ago and it felt great.
12-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Well done on the find Biff.
The K20D is a fantastic camera, and one that the talented member just before yours was stunned you'd been able to source out for such a rediculously low price. (He's published in highly-acclaimed glamour magazines using the very same camera!).
Enjoy the combo.
12-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #11
wll
Veteran Member

I called the Albuquerque store today and they don't have anymore.

They said all were shipped back (probably to be sold with 18-55mm Lenses at a higher price).

Biff ... you got a heck of a deal on a great camera !

I'm on the lookout every day and will POUNCE when I see the deal of $500.00 with 18-55mm II, or just the body for ~ $399.00

wll
12-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #12
Site Supporter

a new K20D body for $299, woohoo!
Wow, Biff! Great deal!

I've got a K-7, and wouldn't mind having a K-5, but a K-20D would be great, too--especially at that price!

Sometimes persistence in making phone calls really pays off!

Nath
12-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Terrific deal you scored there. When you decide to upgrade, you'll still probably make some money from that!
12-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Inactive Account

I found it in their Albuquerque store they shipped it to Tigard, OR where I got it picked it up. I live in CA too. Had to do kind of a work around to get it close.

UE staff are incredibly friendly and helpful by the way.
I agree. The K20d is a great camera. $300 for a "New" one is a fantastic price, even an open box item. Used ones are still going for around $500 last time I checked. I'm curious however, Why you had to go through all That, to get it?

12-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Under $300. Boy, that sure kill any chance of my getting $400 - $500 for my used ones.