Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
Inactive Account

*ist DL firmware upgrade failure

Not being very computer savvy, I brought me K20D and *ist DL to my local independent camera store and asked them to do a firmware upgrade. They logged into the Pentax site and were able to upgrade the K20D, but could not get the firmware to load on the *ist DL. They tried different SD cards and changed to fresh batteries to no avail.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed? I saved the SD card that has the dwnloaded upgrades, but I still cvannot get the camera to accept the up grades.

Thanks for any help,

Larry in Chapel Hill

12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First thing to check is that you use a first generation SD card. Without the upgrade, the camera cannot read SDHC cards.
12-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It worked for me on my DL. I used the card that Pentax recommended. I can't remember, but I think it was 16 or 32Meg (not Gig). I would try an old card like a 32Meg. Follow the instructions on the Pentax website to copy the file to the card. Make sure your batteries are good, and do the update.
12-27-2010, 04:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
First thing to check is that you use a first generation SD card. Without the upgrade, the camera cannot read SDHC cards.
Is the camera dead? If not, try formatting the card in the camera and then copy the update on and so on - make sure you charge the battery first. I have a feeling some SD-only devices can format and use SDHC cards but they only format and use the first 2GB - SDHC extended the size up to 32GB.

12-28-2010, 02:51 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks to all for the help.

I tried the upgrade myself using a 256 meg card and everything loaded correctly. Now I can use a 4GB card.

LD50