Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM   #1
Forum Member

K20d shutter release jamming after factory repair

My K20D was gone for over a month for factory warranty repair for a shutter release that jams intermittently: Pressing the shutter release may or may not actually release the shutter. For most of the time since it was returned to me following repair, I was away from home and using a point-and-shoot instead. I finally came home a few days ago and gave the camera a good workout yesterday (Christmas day) -- much to my disappointment (especially since it was Christmas day and I was really looking forward to using my K20D) the release still jams some of the time.

I've searched the forums and didn't find any similar problems. Have you had problems like this? I guess I'll telephone Pentax tomorrow about the unsuccessful repair: Any similar problems with the Pentax factory repair service?

Thanks.

12-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You should have a report about what they fixed to solve the issue. Having said that, is the jamming not a result of not-being-focused ?
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by starstuff Quote
My K20D was gone for over a month for factory warranty repair for a shutter release that jams intermittently: Pressing the shutter release may or may not actually release the shutter. For most of the time since it was returned to me following repair, I was away from home and using a point-and-shoot instead. I finally came home a few days ago and gave the camera a good workout yesterday (Christmas day) -- much to my disappointment (especially since it was Christmas day and I was really looking forward to using my K20D) the release still jams some of the time.

I've searched the forums and didn't find any similar problems. Have you had problems like this? I guess I'll telephone Pentax tomorrow about the unsuccessful repair: Any similar problems with the Pentax factory repair service?

Thanks.
In a shop environment, intermittent problems often are not repaired, because the tech didn't take the time to duplicate the failure. The button assembly should hve been replaced. A little electrical contact cleaner worked into the switch around the button may solve the problem. A battery grip with a second shutter botton makes a good backup for failures like. I bought a nice Travor for less then $30 off fea bay a couple weeks ago. A wired remote works also.

Dave