Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #16
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote

To me, M mode is to have Total control over the exposure. The Green button still defeats that purpose. That may just be me though.
I'm going to pick up on this for the benefit of new shooters, who may think there is always a right or wrong way to do things.

You're right in that to you, the Green button defeats the purpose of total control. But to me, the Green button just gives me my zero, and I get the total control by then adjusting shutter speed or ap before pulling the trigger. (Except on the K-x you don't have to use the green button; the ev+- button does that in M.)

We get to the same place, but differently.

12-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kevins Quote
Jeff i was able to change the iso with the front dial and the green button did change the aperture after changing the shutter speed, tried the factory reset and sorry to the same problem is still there i think i will contact pentax here in Australia and see if they have any ideas and maybe send the camera in for them to look at once again thanks very much for your help and if i get the problem solved ill let you know the outcome Cheers Kev
I'm out of ideas as to figuring it out. Still doesn't make any sense to me. Good luck with it.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I'm going to pick up on this for the benefit of new shooters, who may think there is always a right or wrong way to do things.

You're right in that to you, the Green button defeats the purpose of total control. But to me, the Green button just gives me my zero, and I get the total control by then adjusting shutter speed or ap before pulling the trigger. (Except on the K-x you don't have to use the green button; the ev+- button does that in M.)

We get to the same place, but differently.
Six of one, half dozen of the other I guess. Having the two dials makes it easier to ignore the green button. I agree that the GB is a fast way of getting to 0 EV, assuming you always want to get there the same way.

01-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
To Jeff and anybody interested
I think i found a solution to the edial problem i was reading the k5 forum and there was mention of a similar problem with that camera and there was a suggestion that if you turn the dial from left to right for around 2 to 3 mins the problem will go away it sounded a bit suspicious but gave it a go and the dial works ok not sure if its a permanent fix but seems to be ok so far thanks to everybody for the help Cheers Kevin