Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #1

The usage of OK button

Hi,

What is the most convenient usage of the OK button in your view? I'm using it to focus.

Thanks,
NguyenP

12-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I usually shoot manual and I use it to set the exposure. 9 out of 10 times I'll set the aperture I want and then hit the green button to set the shutter speed. Then I'll adjust the shutter speed from there.

If you haven't seen the sticky on this:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/60081-usage-green-button.html

Good luck!
12-27-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I only have and am familiar with the K20D, which has a Green button AND an OK button -- two different buttons. Other Pentax dSLRs may have both, I dunno. Besides saving settings, the OK button displays the current ISO -- hold down OK and hit the Green button to switch from fixed to Auto ISO. I'm not sure how the OK button can be used to focus. Can you explain?
I'm OK, you're OK.
I'm OK, you're not OK.
I'm OK, you're Tasmanian.
12-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I only have and am familiar with the K20D, which has a Green button AND an OK button -- two different buttons. Other Pentax dSLRs may have both, I dunno. Besides saving settings, the OK button displays the current ISO -- hold down OK and hit the Green button to switch from fixed to Auto ISO. I'm not sure how the OK button can be used to focus. Can you explain?
I'm OK, you're OK.
I'm OK, you're not OK.
I'm OK, you're Tasmanian.
The OK button can be set to enable auto focus on my K100DS since it doesn't have an AF button like the K20D that I have.
Where do you set the green button to enable auto ISO when used with the OK button on the K20D?
Nevermind. I was trying it in Manual mode, switched over to Av and it worked. Thanks for the tip.

12-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Forum Member

I also use it to autofocus