Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

ist DL

My ist DL will not switch out of AV mode. Does not matter where I put the selector switch. Does not matter if I have it in auto mode. still stays in AV mode. Any suggestions besides sending it in for repair. I have about 10,000 shots on it.

Thanks
SamIV

12-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try resetting in the menu, or remove the batteries for a few hours. It may work fine after the camera resets.
12-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SamIV,

It could also be dirty contacts on the lens mount. Use a clean, dry, lint-free cloth and wipe the contacts on the lens mount on the camera, and the corresponding contacts on the base of the lens.

If that does not work, post here what lens you are using. Someone might have another idea based upon what lens you are using.

Good luck.
-Joe-
01-02-2011, 04:34 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Going to try removing the batteries first. The lens that I am using is a tamron 28-75. I do have other that I can try as well. Once again, I do appreciate the replies and happy year year to all.

01-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies again. The battery trick worked. Had to leave them out for about an hour though. Thanks again