Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #31
Veteran Member

I've done several paying jobs with the White K-x + K10d. No sneers, just compliments. I don't think people care what you bring as long as you get the job done. Then again a light green might be a little too festive? I'd stick with White / Navy Blue / Red / Yellow

01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I just pulled the trigger on a white K-x from Abe's. I would have preferred to buy local, but there is not a camera store within 200 miles that sells Pentax. Well, there is Samy's, but I refuse to buy from them.

(Are you reading this Pentax? I live within 1 hour from downtown Los Angeles. There is only one brand of camera store within reasonable driving distance that carries your product, and they keep telling me you are going out of business.)
01-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
Thanks everyone! I just pulled the trigger on a white K-x from Abe's. I would have preferred to buy local, but there is not a camera store within 200 miles that sells Pentax. Well, there is Samy's, but I refuse to buy from them.

(Are you reading this Pentax? I live within 1 hour from downtown Los Angeles. There is only one brand of camera store within reasonable driving distance that carries your product, and they keep telling me you are going out of business.)
I thought it was bad up here, only 1 store in the LA area and they slag them off??? unbelievable. We have at least 1 larger chain and a few small stores here that carry Pentax (or purport to Stock isn't always available)
01-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #34

Fry's Electronics sells Pentax. They have the white K-x at the one by me (Anaheim).

01-04-2011, 11:02 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mojoe_24 Quote
Fry's Electronics sells Pentax. They have the white K-x at the one by me (Anaheim).
Well yeah, but that's not a camera store.
01-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Uh-oh... Abe's tried the old "Do you need a memory card? How about an extended warranty?" B.S. earlier... still waiting for the tracking #...
01-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

Uh-oh... Abe's tried the old "Do you need a memory card? How about an extended warranty?" B.S. earlier... still waiting for the tracking #...
I know it's a pain, but bear in mind as we now get deals that are not much above the dealer cost they have to make money somewhere
Top it off with you buying an entry level model so accessories may well be an overlooked item by a lot of newbies. For those of us just upgrading it's a bit of tedium, but of course you just have to say no thanks. When I bought My K10 I did take an accessory package with it as it was only an extra $40 and represented good value at the time, As i now have 10 memory cards I likely wouldn't take any offer on a purchase. I rarely buy the warranty myself, however when i worked in CE and got a deal on it I took it on items I knew were problematic (my laptop for instance) In almost all cases that paid off. Never bought it on any camera gear though, problems are just pretty rare and I'd rather take my chances
01-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #38
Site Supporter

It is a sad state of affairs. Pentax Marketing apparently thinks the New York market is the only one in the U.S. I guess it doesn't occur to them that Ador., BG, Abe's, 17the St and 47th St sell so much Pentax is that 95% of the rest of us by from NY because there isn't anything local.