Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2010, 02:57 PM   #1

Cleaning the body of K-x RED

How do you clean the soiled body of a 'red K-x' camera? Can you use alcohol or moist lens-wipes? I read some where in the Canon forum, that you can also use a masking tape? Stick the tape on the body and remove it. It will pull all the dirt and dust. Is it safe? Is this white masking tape or the blue painter's tape? Any other methods.

I went to TSNY Washington DC, for a trapeze adventure last week. Had to use a lot of chalk on my hand to swing on the trapeze. After my turn, when others were doing their swings, I was taking pictures with my bright red K-x camera. Even though I rubbed my hands very well on my clothes, there were some chalk marks left on the camera. I cleaned the camera body with dry cloth. Right now no visible dirt. But worried that it may show up in the long run. As a precaution, I would like to clean the body and keep it nice, because it is a very pretty red.

Please let me know. Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone.

12-31-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would recommend to use a moist tissue (water only) for the body and lenses.

Do not use wipes for lenses.

Pentax stresses :
"Do not clean the product [body] with organic solvents such as thinner and alcohol benzens"

Earlier this year, my camera felt in the mud (fine clay). I let it dry and then I wipe, with a damp cloth, the camera body and lens a few time, and let it dry in the sun in between. After more than a few cleaning, the camera looked as new.

Hope that the coment will help....
12-31-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Keep it basic. An air blower and moist (water only) towel. I do not see why you would need something more than that.
01-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
distilled water leaves no residue.