Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
Let's call it the red side.
haha nice one.

As another user who has used Canon in the past, I am 100 percent committed to Pentax. These cameras and lenses are built for photographers, not marketers.

01-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think people often underestimate the importance of having a camera that is comfortable and fits your style of shooting. DSLRs are so close in terms of function right now, that ergonomics and comfort jump to the top when it comes to choosing one.
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I was in Staples earlier and they had a Canon on display, a Rebel XS if I'm not mistaken. I picked it up for a minute, futzed with a few buttons and the control wheel, and I was once again sold on Pentax. The only thing I liked better about the Canon was the control wheel on the front, but it's nowhere near enough for me to even ponder switching, even on my worst day.
01-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
I was in Staples earlier and they had a Canon on display, a Rebel XS if I'm not mistaken. I picked it up for a minute, futzed with a few buttons and the control wheel, and I was once again sold on Pentax. The only thing I liked better about the Canon was the control wheel on the front, but it's nowhere near enough for me to even ponder switching, even on my worst day.
Yup... Different strokes .

If I only had one wheel, I'd prefer it at the back. I used a friend's 1000D, I didn't like that I had to remove my finger from the shutter to adjust settings using the wheel.

01-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I think people often underestimate the importance of having a camera that is comfortable and fits your style of shooting. DSLRs are so close in terms of function right now, that ergonomics and comfort jump to the top when it comes to choosing one.
I totally agree.