Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Can we buy a new, genuine Pentax K-x L90 focusing screen?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

After trying a whole bunch of focusing screens with split screens, i've come to a conclusion that I actually like the stock k-x screen better.

The green hexagon focus confirm + beep is actually just as accurate as a split screen.

Now with all my experimentation and split screen swapping, my k-x stock focusing screen is now full of scratches that I can never remove and will annoy me perpetually.

I only see 3 screens available for sale:

Pentax L80
KatzEye
focusingscreen.com

Is a brand new Genuine Pentax L90 screen for sale anywhere?

01-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back when Pentax was doing repair work in-house in Golden, Colorado, I bought a LL-60 screen directly through them. Now that they have outsourced repairs to CRIS, you might have to go there to get spare parts.
01-02-2011, 04:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mine from here has L90 stamped on it.
01-06-2011, 02:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is also this one:

PENTAX K-x KX FOCUSING FOCUS SCREEN FRESNEL PART NEW - eBay (item 320523906931 end time Jan-22-11 12:15:12 PST)

04-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #5

Hey, have you found the solution yet?? Because Im in the same shoes as you....did you trued PENTAX K-x KX FOCUSING FOCUS SCREEN FRESNEL PART NEW - eBay (item 320523906931 end time Jan-22-11 12:15:12 PST)?
04-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RolloR Quote
After trying a whole bunch of focusing screens with split screens, i've come to a conclusion that I actually like the stock k-x screen better.

Now with all my experimentation and split screen swapping, my k-x stock focusing screen is now full of scratches that I can never remove and will annoy me perpetually.

Is a brand new Genuine Pentax L90 screen for sale anywhere?
1. Me too. I came to the conclusion that if another type screen was better suited for all usage in the camera, then it would be stock factory fitted.[*]

2. Mine was too. They are so easily susceptible to minor damage which magnifies.

3. Others have pointed out availability on eBay so that option is covered. However you did emphasise "Genuine Pentax" and I preferred that safety route too when I needed spares and ordered 2 from the local distributor. Price was pleasantly surprising -- less than AUD30 each which I was happy with for guaranteed genuine article and next day delivery.

Caveat: It's your choice, and your country may vary on availability and price.

[*] might try the split screen in the K-r because that's a train wreck at focusing anyway.

.R. -- Been around long enough to know there are no better mousetraps but still silly enough to want to try them all.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 04-06-2011 at 08:06 PM.