Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #1

Problem importing images into iphoto - purple haze

Some of my images from my Kx import to iphoto with a purple haze over them. They look fine in the Kx and in the preview before I actually import them.

When I import using Picasa they turn out fine. When I import them into the iphoto library from my hard drive after I use picasa to import them they still have the purple haze. It's not all of my images, just some of them.

Any ideas what's going on?

Last edited by devonteran; 01-02-2011 at 09:19 PM.
01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Under effects try making the picture warmer. We use Aperture, and quite often, especially if there is alot of blue in the shadows, the pictures import with a lot of purple. I know Aperture and iPhoto use the same profiels for importing pictures. For some reason the white balance tends to over compensate, but somewhere between the auto white balance and what the camera imports is a good balance. I'm guessing if you play with the Warmer function of the Effects menu, you'll be able to take care of it.
03-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #3

I had the same problem with my Pentax K-x. It only started doing this after I switched to the RAW format. So in order to solve this I drag and drop my photos into a folder onto my drive instead of importing them. It works the same way.

I then used Photoshop to convert them out of RAW format. But there are plenty of freeware programs online that can do the transferring process.
03-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
If you are using DNG for RAW, switch to PEF. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Apple RAW Compatibility. This only works if you have iPhoto 11.

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 3.6

Apple added K-x support in 3.1 and were supposed to have fixed the problems with 3.2, but some people had problems up till 3.6.

03-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

You need to get Apple RAW compatability v3.6 installed, that fixed my long running K-x DNG colour problems.