Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First REAL review of K10....highly recommended!

Pentax K10D review
It gives a really good review
It claims that once the newer US lenses comes out, it will be par with the big boys, D200 and the 30D, as the camera is capable of faster focusing then the current lenses offer....but they are not complaining

great stuff!!!

cheers

12-07-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

i dont suppose this will turn into a totally anal nit-picking thread covering the guys poor use of grammar and pretty much everything else like it did on dpreview..

i think it must be something to do with how busy the forum is.. a whole bunch of people avidly watching.. everyone of them seemingly feeling the need to chirp in with nothing usefull to say and pick the nits off the nits with the odd personal squabble thrown in..

some kind of collective insanity must be at work i recon..

trog

ps.. this fanboy stuff is not going down to well with me.. its a camera not something to worship or use as some kind of group symbol.. are we that insecure we need a reviewer to back up our decision to buy a particular brand or model of anything..

Last edited by trog100; 12-07-2006 at 11:47 AM.
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by trog100 Quote
i dont suppose this will turn into a totally anal nit-picking thread covering the guys poor use of grammar and pretty much everything else like it did on dpreview..

i think it must be something to do with how busy the forum is.. a whole bunch of people avidly watching.. everyone of them seemingly feeling the need to chirp in with nothing usefull to say and pick the nits off the nits with the odd personal squabble thrown in..

some kind of collective insanity must be at work i recon..

trog

ps.. this fanboy stuff is not going down to well with me.. its a camera not something to worship or use as some kind of group symbol.. are we that insecure we need a reviewer to back up our decision to buy a particular brand or model of anything..
Although I am not in your opinion, thanks for expressing yours

I just got on the pentax boat, and from what I have been reading, pentax is trying to be back on top.... and the k10 will have a big part of this.

I have always liked underdogs, and pentax seems to be one.
I like reading about the things I buy or own, and how they compare to others. And if they say the k10 kicks a little butt, then I am very happy of this. Proud might be a better word. I also like sharing this with like minded people, and if people read most reviews, they are positives and negatives, which all products do.

I am now going to get off my band stand, and let everyone know that all opinions are respected on my posts, no matter what

cheers
12-07-2006, 07:03 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I feel the same way, I'm getting a K10D from Santa this year (how much the wait kills me) and as you can see I'm avidly surfing this forum, as well as others constantly looking for new info about it!

12-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't need a review to tell me my K10D is good. Still, it is nice to see Pentax actually get a review that isn't months behind. Nice for a good company to get a little respect. Now if my K10d would show up it would be even better.
thanks
barondla
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I thought a few of the negative points they used were simply because they were not used to the camera, the other they were just incorrect.

The negative points:
"Existing lenses not up to the camera’s capabilities", ya gotta be kidding me (other than weather sealing)!!
"SD compartment door release fiddly", excellent will not come open by accident!!
"Battery grip a little quirky", I think the word he was looking for here was "AWESOME", it is a seriously good grip.
"ISO1600 a bit too noisy", done to death on DP Review and other places and the final conclusion seems to be that it is about the same or better than most others in the 10MP range.