Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Remote for K10D (radio controlled)

Hi guys and girls...

I have just gotten my remote for using on the K10D. I was getting fed up with using the timer and getting some shots, but missing others, as the situation changed, before the timer was firing.

So this is the unit:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/sunny158/Other%20items2/20mremoteS2.jpg

got it from fleeBay, but the seller failed to sent any instructions. Anyone using one of these, please let me know. Need to get this thing working before the wknd!

Thanks

10-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't have that unit, I got the $4.44 IR remote that someone else found and posted on this forum, but it looks simple enough.

Plug the receiver unit to your camera. Make sure there are batteries. Make sure they have the same code (as in the toggles should be identical).
10-03-2007, 03:42 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by time-snaps Quote
Hi guys and girls...

I have just gotten my remote for using on the K10D. I was getting fed up with using the timer and getting some shots, but missing others, as the situation changed, before the timer was firing.

So this is the unit:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/sunny158/Other%20items2/20mremoteS2.jpg

got it from fleeBay, but the seller failed to sent any instructions. Anyone using one of these, please let me know. Need to get this thing working before the wknd!

Thanks
I have one that looks very similar to yours.. Not much to know, the dip switches just set the frequency that the unit sends/receives on.. just keep both pieces the same..
if you click lightly, it will autofocus, click full it fires.. keep pressed for like 3 sec's or so and it will go to bulb mode and keep the shutter open till you press it again
and on the one that attaches to the camera, you have to turn it on first with the button.

At least that is how mine works.. hope it helps