Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2011, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Intervelometer Software Glitch

Hello folks,

I'm a loyal Minoltian at heart, however I have begun to use a K20D recently so that I can place my Minolta Maxxum 7D into semi-retirement. (I also shoot Zeiss Ikon, Yashica, Chinon, Nikon, Exakta, and Sigma besides all my beloved Maxxum bodies though too.)

I am looking foward to using my K20D, and think it will turn out to be a real winner.

My Flickr photostream is here:
Flickr: zekewhipper's Photostream

Be that as it may, here is something I recently posted over on Flickr that just may be news to some folks.

"I learned something surprising today. I found out that if you have the AF function divorced from the shutter release, that the intervelometer function won't operate correctly.

In other words, if you have Custom Setting 14 set to "2" or Off, that when it comes time for the intervelometer to operate after depressing the shutter release when directed that no pictures can or will be taken.

Therefore, when you wish to use the intervelometer, (or Interval Shooting as Pentax calls it), that you need to have the shutter release set to function as it traditionally does.

My K20D body does have the latest 1.04 revision firmware, so I am surprised that this software glitch has apparently never been caught or corrected by now."

I hope others will benefit from what I discovered.

Have a good day!

Zekewhipper

01-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian

I don't suppose it possible that you are asking the camera to take out of focus pictures while at the same time telling not to?
08-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #3

Original Poster
No, because I can take pictures whether focus is achieved or not.
08-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I found this out a long time ago when I was trying to use it the first time. I'm not sure if I am remembering correctly, but I think if you hold the focus button when you start the intervalometer, it works. If that doesn't work, just get your focus right, then switch to MF.

07-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #5

Original Poster
I had forgotten about this old posting of mine.

Enoeske: Have you ever tested the intervelometer at the same time the camera is set to MF? Does it still worK?