Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
dead pixel on kx

I just got my kx two days ago after a big headache dealing with abes of maine and ups. Everything looked great and functioned fine with it. But I just noticed today I have one burnt pixel on the lcd, saw it when I was looking through my images, same light blue spec in the same spot on every image, thought it was a piece of dust but is definitely a pixel. Anyone ever have this happen? Any suggestions? I suppose I could leave it alone but it is kind of annoying especially considering the camera is 2 days old. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

01-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
Forum Member

is the dead pixel on the sensor, or on the screen?

if it's on the sensor... dead pixels on the sensor are normal and probably not warranty-claimable. K20D can map out dead pixels on the sensor, don't know if K-x can.

if its the screen however.. i'd try to warranty-claim. but since it's abe's of maine... good luck with that.
01-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Run "pixel mapping." Page 259 in your manual.
01-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I should have been more clear. The dead pixel is on the lcd screen. And like you said, sending it to abe's of maine is out of the question. Looks like I might just have to deal with it. Its not going to effect my pictures, just kind of annoying when I record video or use live view.

01-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Doh, I didn't read closely enough. LCD not sensor, sorry about that.
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Haha, no problem. I sent pentax an email this morning to see if there is anything they can do. If not, i'll just deal with it. But figured I'd try considering it's only a couple of days old.
01-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Site Supporter

No one is going to do anything about a single dead pixel, particularly on the LCD.

Most warranty claims require something like 10 separate ones, or a cluster of 3.
01-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yeah, its not a huge deal. I just wanted to make sure. I mean, i'd let them fix it if they want to for free. Otherwise I'm fine with one dead pixel, annoying yes, dealbreaker? No. I just keep catching myself trying to wipe it off like its a piece of dust. Lol. I think in a couple of weeks I won't even notice it.