Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just recently got a previously owned K100D. The seller who sold me this also have K200D on his shelf. If I got like $50 bucks more in my pocket at that time, I could have gotten K200D instead of K100D. Maybe I should have waited a week or so, to save enough money..?

..but on second thought..maybe not. You see, K200D second-hand price is too close to something that isn't Pentax..and, again, maybe, if I didn't get my K100D on the first hand..there's a huge chance that I'm not here right now

01-14-2011, 10:11 AM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
No, the K10d does not have a PC sync socket.
Strange, a flagship model once has no sync.
01-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by minahasa Quote
..but on second thought..maybe not. You see, K200D second-hand price is too close to something that isn't Pentax..and, again, maybe, if I didn't get my K100D on the first hand..there's a huge chance that I'm not here right now
well by choosing K100D you also gain access to usable iso 1600, so it's not all bad either And to choose something other than pentax because the price is close? Blasphemy!

I kid, I also chose K100d at the time because of the unbelievable value
01-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by timh Quote
Or just put lights in the viewfinder of the K-x, called it the K-x Super and sold it for $50 more. And then made a cheaper (pentamirror) K-7ish camera with the K-x sensor and called that the K-r.
That would be even better, actually.

Either way, for a company that sells the hell out of the Optio W series, seems odd to make people spend 1600 for a weather sealed DSLR.

01-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Strange, a flagship model once has no sync.
If you own a K10d it is also annoying.
01-15-2011, 02:49 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've handled all the current models... The K-x has vastly better build quality than a similarly priced Canon, and it certainly isn't ever going to fall apart - but it just doesn't feel as solid as the 200D. (To me, anyway.)

I don't hold out a great deal of hope for my gf regarding photography, but she does at least like being in front of a camera.
I tried my friend's Nikon D3000 the other day. It felt like a toy. It took nice pics tho... Very vibrant colours- I suspect the jpg settings were ramped somehow.

I get one maybe two chances to take my gf's pic - that's it!

Vinzer - epic post!
01-15-2011, 04:02 AM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeztastic Quote
I tried my friend's Nikon D3000 the other day. It felt like a toy. It took nice pics tho... Very vibrant colours- I suspect the jpg settings were ramped somehow.
When I hand my camera to Canon/Nikon users to inspect they're always impressed by the build and usually assume (because they know nothing about the Pentax range) it's a fairly high end model.

My dad (who's technically a pro in that he sells multiple images per week, though his camera never leaves 'sport' mode and he has no idea what PP even is) has a Canon 50D which I was playing with it at xmas just to try out the giant white 70-200 L. The shutter release button didn't seem to work! Apparently it's just "gone like that" and the solution is to press it really really hard. Outstanding quality there.

I get one maybe two chances to take my gf's pic - that's it!
It was a nice novelty to begin with, but it becomes tiresome saying "OK, now, can I get a photo of this without you in it? ... Yes, really...".

01-15-2011, 05:42 AM   #38
Veteran Member

It was a nice novelty to begin with, but it becomes tiresome saying "OK, now, can I get a photo of this without you in it? ... Yes, really...".
No, I'd still rather be in your shoes. I'm gonna need to upgrade my camera to a Canikon with 100 fps and a massive zoom, paparazzi style. Otherwise it's - 'click click' "OK, stop it now!"
01-15-2011, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

No, I'd still rather be in your shoes. I'm gonna need to upgrade my camera to a Canikon with 100 fps and a massive zoom, paparazzi style. Otherwise it's - 'click click' "OK, stop it now!"
Is there an EVIL (for the silent shutter) with an articulated screen? That's what you need... Or one of these.
01-15-2011, 06:43 AM   #40
Inactive Account

Even though having a K-5 now the k200d still amazes me time to time when iso100-200 is used. When I bought the K-x I was really disappointed by it's low iso IQ (compared to the k200d)-now the the K-5 it's beautiful at low iso too-I would give it 9points..10 is for the CCD in the k200d.

So for me the kit is like that: k200d with the da12-24 and the k-5 goes along with the da55-300. Sometimes i put the da12-24 on the k-5 but it always ends up on the k200d if low iso is enough.

(and I know about increased DR etc..it is just a personal choice)

two of my latests that impressed me (after using the K-5 for a longer period)

k200d da12-24:

Andras
01-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #41
Inactive Account

K200D holigan is in

QuoteOriginally posted by planedriver Quote

So for me the kit is like that: k200d with the da12-24 and the k-5 goes along with the da55-300.
Andras
Andras thanks,

I am dying to see K-5 and K200D comparison with same lens and same challenging scene, like fury toys colorful objects etc under a good lighting, or a sunny pictures like yours. Original sizes or RAW files uploaded somewhere (I have space on my site for who knows FTP'ing). That would be much appreciated. I guess that would be a bit disappointing for K-5 owners, desperately hoping I am wrong though.
01-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by planedriver Quote
Even though having a K-5 now the k200d still amazes me
Don't tell me this when I'm about to buy one!
01-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #43
Veteran Member

This may be a stupid question, but...
All other things being equal (lenses, settings etc) a RAW photo will be functionally identical from a K10D or K200D ?
01-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #44
Inactive Account

cbaytan, timh:

As Pentax is "beautiful in size" I can afford using two cameras at the same time..no problem with that at all..one on each shoulder..or the one I use around my neck..my kit is the k200d with the da12-24 and the K-5 (previously the K-x) with the da55-300. (I started with the da16-45 and da50-200). I'm so happy with the k200d and the 12-24 that I don't really think about any comparison. I'm just happy that in this small KATA bag two bodies with those lenses (plus hood) and two (or even more) primes just fit in:

0.5 Litre bottle:

the main reason a I bought the k-5 is it's high iso with fast AF-even in AF-C so now I can use iso3200 for birds. (and of course there are so many things I like about it). The k200d is an old story: CCD vs. CMOS. I'm just happy with both

Andras
01-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Hmm. While I could carry two bodies around with me I really really don't want to - I'd rather have an extra lens.

If you're inclined and it's not too much trouble I'd really like to see a real-life comparison of the same scene with the same lens... You might save a few people here some money (though you'd also deprive Pentax of it).