Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #16
Veteran Member

all i want is a affordable body (like the K-5) with a battery grip built in. I hate spending the extra $200 for the grip that looks big and bulky on the body.

I'd also like to see anyone create a digital SLR in the style of a regular old film SLR - Like the Pentax K1000 (must have a viewfinder, and simple dial controls). I know Leica has pretty much done this - but seriously folks, for $7000 it should be crapping out gold plated Ansel Adams photos.

To be honest, I don't feel like there's a lot more than can be done in the "forward thinking" category. We've got huge megapixels, and shake reduction and high ISO capabilities. We're running out of gimmicks.

01-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Forum Member

a digital camera with no back LCD screen (no chimping! concentrate on the zen of photography!), an analog meter, no AF, and a film-rewind lever to cock the shutter.

now that would be retro!!

(the Epson RD-1 rangefinder does all the above, but its 6MP, antique, and expensive)
01-19-2011, 01:10 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Morbo Quote
all i want is a affordable body (like the K-5) with a battery grip built in. I hate spending the extra $200 for the grip that looks big and bulky on the body.

I'd also like to see anyone create a digital SLR in the style of a regular old film SLR - Like the Pentax K1000 (must have a viewfinder, and simple dial controls). I know Leica has pretty much done this - but seriously folks, for $7000 it should be crapping out gold plated Ansel Adams photos.

To be honest, I don't feel like there's a lot more than can be done in the "forward thinking" category. We've got huge megapixels, and shake reduction and high ISO capabilities. We're running out of gimmicks.
This is the best you will get....Sorry.

Home | The FinePix X100 Professional Photographer's compact digital camera from Fujifilm
01-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #19

Original Poster
I really love where this discussion has been taken. I'm super excited about the new retro classic Fuji coming out and I hope that pentax does do as people have been talking about and make an auto 110 digital, though admittedly it is perhaps a little to small. I too would love it if pentax made an ale without an led screen or perhaps a removable one. Back in film I shot and hoped and assuming I did everything correctly I got good shots and some times I'd get pleasant surprises. Now with digital I take a photo, review, change my exposure and repeat, really I think something is lost when shooting like this. As others have pointed out, its not exactly that I think Sr doesn't work I just think it unnecessary when you can shoot totally usable 12800 ISO and I used to have no problem hand holding in the days of film. So yes is rather remove the bulk of SR and have a body without it. Square sensors aren't just good for looking down, though a waste level view finder on a digital SLR would be great, they had this for the LX and the NIKON f1, square sensors are great at maximizing the image circle of a lenses and for choosing a wide variety of aspect ratios, which open up many possibilities, Panasonic gets the closest to doing this right now. But hey I don't even really need video, though I love the idea in some ways I just want my camera to take great pictures.

01-21-2011, 04:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wizardsnoop Quote
Now with digital I take a photo, review, change my exposure and repeat, really I think something is lost when shooting like this.
The problem is behind the camera, it does not need a technical solution. Just stop chimping.

its not exactly that I think Sr doesn't work I just think it unnecessary when you can shoot totally usable 12800 ISO
It might be usable but it certainly doesn't look as good as 3200. Pick the best option for the situation, SR gives you a choice.

Square sensors
Who is making a square sensor that Pentax can use? Will you pay for them to start making their own?

You know, you're still allowed to shoot film. Nobody is preventing you from doing that...