Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2011, 07:14 AM   #1

defective Pentax K10D

My Pentax K10D was my first DSLR. I absolutely loved it until it showed some problems. I bought it on 2007, but in early 2009, it showed some purple images. ( I've attached some sample images).I thought its was just a problem with the white balance so I bought a gray card and they didn't work. Maybe the sensor was the culprit. Then I had it repaired at the service center and they told me that the problem is with the motherboard and it will cost me half the original price of the camera. So I thought, I'll just have it repaired the next time. I bought another camera, but a Canon one. I haven't used my K10D since. Now I was thinking, my K10D still has sentimental values for me, at least. Is it possible, to have it repaired so I can still use it or maybe have it modified for astrophotography, or repairing will just be a waste of my time and money?

Name:  IMGP2910.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  IMGP2944.JPG
Views: 428
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  IMGP3045.JPG
Views: 438
Size:  98.7 KB

Name:  IMGP3068.JPG
Views: 434
Size:  108.1 KB

01-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Print these pics, sign them with "Andy Warhol" at the back and sell them for a million each.

Regarding your question: You'll go to hell for having bought a C*n*n, so no use trying to redeem yourself by repairing the K10D.

Seriously, I reckon it won't be economical to have it repaired. For the price of the repair, you'll probably find a K10D or similar used. But this is more of a gut feeling, I haven't done the research.

Sorry to have been of no great help.