Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K-7 wont update

Got a question for anyone who can help or has had this problem was trying to update my K-7 to the new 1.11 firmware but it wont work doing either way the readme notes say to do. Thinking that maybe the firmware was bad I dled it again and same problem also tried dling the 1.10 update thinking that was the problem as I was only on 1.03 but that didnt work either. I have tried loading it from 2 different computers
and the same thing occurs when I turn on the camera holding down the menu button as instructed it shows me the current firmware but than goes into normal mode does not try to load the new firmware. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

01-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

My guess is that you did not put the FWDC204B.BIN file directly in the "top-level" directory of the SD card. It should be at the same level as "DCIM", directly under the "drive letter" the SD card shows up as in Windows.
01-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
Forum Member

I have had similar problems, solution:
format the SD card with your camera and copy the firmware file to the sd card. now do the update as usual and all will be fine.
01-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks to both of you for the response. Bellavance you had it right I was putting the update into the DCIM folder instead of just into the card so it was not seeing it when I turned on the camera my baby is now updated and as soon as Im done shoveling snow I can go back to shooting the birds at my feeders. Thanks again!