Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is all very depressing.
I've hated all my Pentax cameras for giving me images like this:

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my camera?

01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
Doing the opposite simplified my life quite nicely. I can only go out with a tripod to shoot stationary subjects in good light, so I have more time to watch hockey and drink beer.
But the kit is neither cable ready nor does it have a bottle opener for the Sammy. Don't they know the USA market?
Speaking of cables, I was on the Audio_Phile. How come the USB cable is not solid gold?
I reckon that's why I can't take Mrs. Boo-kay - the "Raw Negatives" are coming across all scratched up.
01-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote

Well, several have long streaks in them, and the second one is not wide enough and it cut off some of the subject. And one of them sort of glows - maybe a noise problem.
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
Veteran Member

My K-x doesn't even take good pictures unless I actually put some thought in and try hard. Sometimes I even have to use a tripod. Even then the pictures aren't that good. Oh yeah, and I even have to spend time in front of a computer to get the most out of my pictures.

01-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
It's not the camera, it's the photographer, especially where you had those streaks follow the rail line. If they'd broken off in a different direction it might have done something for me personally. As it is it just leaves me cold. (Oh wait, haven't started a fire lately, I was already cold.) OK cancel the cold part.
01-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
I didn't, but I believe you.

And I'm depressed that I didn't detect the intent of it.
You're slipping, Ira. Working on that new project seems to be taking a toll on you.
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's not the camera, it's the photographer
Ok, I'm starting to understand now. Should I sell the camera and buy a photographer?

01-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #23
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Easy question, it owns a wrong user.
01-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have a real gripe with my K7.
The green mode paint wore off the dial. Should I send it in for warranty repair?. This is really pissing me off after paying the full US$760.00 for the camera
01-18-2011, 06:47 PM   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
The green mode paint wore off. Should I send it in for warranty repair?. This is really pissing me off after paying the full US$760.00 for the camera
That happened to my brother-in-law and he wrote to Pentax demanding a new camera. They didn't write back so I'm assuming they are ignoring the problem, pretending it doesn't exist, not to mention pretending that my brother-in-law doesn't exist. I don't blame them though, I didn't believe my brother-in-law existed until my sister showed him to me and he confirmed they were married.
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I knew I was not alone, I probably should consider demanding a new camera as well. To make matters worse, I never got to use the green mode and now it is gone, maybe forever.
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM - 1 Like   #27

I think it's terribly unfair that Pentax does not post firmware that turns my Kx into a K5.
01-18-2011, 07:56 PM - 1 Like   #28
Forum Member

Thanks for this opportunity. I did a dust check on my K-7, and it shows dust on the sensor that won't come completely off. I can't see it on any of my pictures at 300X, but it bothers me that I know it's there.

Also, I was shooting a rapidly approaching race car in Tv mode at 1/6000 shutter on a cloudy day, and I let the aperture float. When I got home, I could see that focus was sharpest on the headlights on one, and on the windshield on the next. On some, nothing was in focus! Obviously the autofocus is too slow to keep up.

I've e-mailed Pentax for a new camera to replace this one. I think I deserve it because I write a lot on this blog. But, I'm considering changing over to Canon because the AF is so much faster. I'm letting everyone know about my decision on this Pentax forum because I like to draw attention to myself, and I like to pretend someone will give a hoot.
01-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #29
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Well, several have long streaks in them, and the second one is not wide enough and it cut off some of the subject. And one of them sort of glows - maybe a noise problem.
Thank God for that. I was starting to think there was something wrong with my technique, but am happier to know it's my camera.
01-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #30
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
It's not the camera, it's the photographer, especially where you had those streaks follow the rail line. If they'd broken off in a different direction it might have done something for me personally. As it is it just leaves me cold. (Oh wait, haven't started a fire lately, I was already cold.) OK cancel the cold part.
If you're serious, go ahead and eat your heart out. Got no idea what rail line you're talking about.

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Ok, I'm starting to understand now. Should I sell the camera and buy a photographer?
Ah, now we're getting somewhere...