Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
This is the very best thread ever. It makes me want to fabricate a problem just so I can play too!
WHy not, I did.

01-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #47
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
That's the issue...

Everything goes downhill from there.
Snarky, but true (I love this place)
01-19-2011, 12:23 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, the flash on my *ist did give out so that is a real negative, but putting an external flash on fixed that issue pretty quick, and the way I figure it that camera is nearly a decade old so I should be happy it's even running correctly otherwise, right? It's a real testament to the quality of Pentax cameras that it is I would think.

Honestly I can't think of one single thing to bitch about even in jest when it comes to my SPII or my *ist. I'm too busy cheering Pentax on to be negative about it, but I'm sincerely loving this thread. It's just too funny!
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you, Wheatfield, this Bud's for you!

01-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #50
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by retroflex Quote
The camera has obviously selected a too long shutter speed. You can't see a glimpse of the car, only its lights. You should get a Canon instead which is superior for fast action shots and can freeze the motion.
Ah, I've been wondering about that. One of those one in a million moments again missed out on because of defective equipment. That settles it!
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #51
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Ah, I've been wondering about that. One of those one in a million moments again missed out on because of defective equipment. That settles it!
So you're off to buy a canon rebel ti then and get all the speed canon offers and then become a professional
we'll miss you ash
01-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter

my k7 takes blurry pics all the time, every time i chimp after a shot the pics look all blurry
(oh wait i forgot to put my glasses on, it's my eyes that are defective.... why can't Pentax fix that with a firmware update i'm sure a canon would be better
01-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #53

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
I for sure would like to complain about not being happy with my new K-5.
ever since i got the camera it is overcast here and i feel that it has to do with the firmware. I updated the firmware and it seems there are now some breaks in the overcast but barely enough to go out and have some fun.
Colors are dull and horizons foggy. Somehow i believe that we need a firmware fix for this to make sure we have cloudless skies and razor sharp horizons.
There is also something wrong with the WR. Everytime when looking out the window and there is a drizzle and i put the 18-55 WR lens on the camera. Much to my amazement the drizzle will have stopped when i go out the front door. The opposite seems to happen when i put my beloved Sigma 50-150/2.8 on the camera which has no WR.

I think i have to send back the camera for repairs..
Spotlights around the house!
Same problem with my new K7- It's dark here when I go to work and dark when I get home. The moon stays behind the clouds so even pushing the ISO to +1600, the snowflakes in the dark look really grainy........... My dog can't figure out why I'm stumbling around in the back yard without a flashlight (torch for the Brits)!I want to play with my new toy more, not just on weekends. Is there a firmware update for this??

01-19-2011, 01:41 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter

Another thing wrong with my K7 every time I power it up in the house my dog runs and hides. this must be some ultrasonic noise defect scaring animals away
why can't they fix this with a firmware update
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #55
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Another thing wrong with my K7 every time I power it up in the house my dog runs and hides. this must be some ultrasonic noise defect scaring animals away
why can't they fix this with a firmware update
when did you last check your dog's firmware?
01-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #56
Forum Member

Hmm.. Pentax must read this forum often. There was some sun this afternoon and the forecast seems to be pretty good for tomorrow. where is that setting in my camera for 'always sunny' ?
01-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #57
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
So you're off to buy a canon rebel ti then and get all the speed canon offers and then become a professional
we'll miss you ash
I'll send you postcards with my Canon images on them.
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #58
Ira
Inactive Account

My cam is all screwed up too, because my wife wouldn't have sex with me last night.

What other reason can there be?

I'm a 54-year-old short Jewish guy with a beer belly, and as everyone knows, women find that irresistible.

So it HAS to be the firmware. (Or a front focusing problem.)
01-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
My cam is all screwed up too, because my wife wouldn't have sex with me last night.

What other reason can there be?

I'm a 54-year-old short Jewish guy with a beer belly, and as everyone knows, women find that irresistible.

So it HAS to be the firmware. (Or a front focusing problem.)
no it's the tungsten light but there is a firmware fix coming i'm sure of it
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM   #60
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jan rinze Quote
Hmm.. Pentax must read this forum often. There was some sun this afternoon and the forecast seems to be pretty good for tomorrow. where is that setting in my camera for 'always sunny' ?
Lucky you. My forecast is snow every day for the next 5 days and average highs around -12C.