Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #91

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
my K7 won't focus my SMC M 28 f3.5. neither would my K 10. haven't tried it on the *istds but i don't hold out much hope

When will they fix this issue it's driving me nuts everything i shoot looks like this
Lovely photo! I don't even need to get my glasses to enjoy it.

01-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #92
Forum Member

i hate my kx, it won't talk dirty to me! PENTAX FIRMWARE UPDATE NOW!!!
01-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #93
Veteran Member

My K-R won't front focus like everyone else's and performs great under tungsten. I've contacted Pentax and they said to exchange it at the place of purchase. So I know what I'm doing Monday...
01-25-2011, 07:35 AM   #94
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Since so many threads lately have turned into half whining about the camera, and the other half whining about the whiners I thought I'd give this a bump and see if we can confine it here.

01-25-2011, 07:49 AM   #95

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Since so many threads lately have turned into half whining about the camera, and the other half whining about the whiners I thought I'd give this a bump and see if we can confine it here.
I'm not whining about the camera or the whiners. Any new product can have 'problems', and I accept that. I'm whining about the 6 weeks it will take to get it back.

Can I join?
01-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #96
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I'm not whining about the camera or the whiners. Any new product can have 'problems', and I accept that. I'm whining about the 6 weeks it will take to get it back.

Can I join?
All welcome here no discriminating about any whinging allowed
01-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #97
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote

Can I join?
Rave on!
01-25-2011, 02:57 PM - 2 Likes   #98
Veteran Member

Tom you are not alone and there is only very little consolation I can offer, but here goes: The K5 is most probably just as bad as your K20D or *ist-Ds. You won't see much difference anyway.

In general, Pentax for sure is the most overrated camera manufacturer by far and the whole system is so full of quirks and no-gos I can only mention a few here:

Same old story: I never get a whole picture sharp. My cellphone does a better job.

Shake reduction ? Laughable !

Weather resistance ? After only a few days in the bathtub (just for testing and of course without the camera) that's the result. Need I say more ?

My only sharp animal shot. Tripod and the best of 50 or so shots.

Really I'm not discouraged easily but hey, how much can a man endure ? There have been times when I was full of tears and wanted to sell all my Pentax stuff in the marketplace. That's when I come here and you people are always so helpful. I have already bought too deep into the system and now it's too late.
Thanks for listening,
Georg

01-25-2011, 03:17 PM   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
My only sharp animal shot. Tripod and the best of 50 or so shots.
Georg
My vote goes to Georgweb for the funniest...er, I mean, most legitimate complaint post!

Paul

Last edited by paulh; 01-26-2011 at 07:13 AM.
01-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #100
Veteran Member

And none of this is new! My Spotmatic weighs a ton, and with a 135mm lens, it weighs ALMOST DOUBLE! As well, it doesn't even autofocus, I have no live preview, and I can only change ISO every 25th or 37th frame. Surely a camera THIS OLD should have working firmware!
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM   #101
Veteran Member

I have no words. Spottie freak that I am? I nearly choked on a french fry reading this one and I just knocked over my cola besides. If this thing stops working now that it's half soaked? You guys are going to owe me a keyboard. It was practically brand new too! ROTFLOL

QuoteOriginally posted by PGillin Quote
And none of this is new! My Spotmatic weighs a ton, and with a 135mm lens, it weighs ALMOST DOUBLE! As well, it doesn't even autofocus, I have no live preview, and I can only change ISO every 25th or 37th frame. Surely a camera THIS OLD should have working firmware!
01-26-2011, 04:37 AM   #102

-And the in-camera flash probably doesn't work either; I know, I had one!
01-26-2011, 04:53 AM   #103
Veteran Member

This is the same reason I went to a K-x from an ME Super! I got tired of holding my breath for a FW update for it as well!

One note on the changing the ISO every 24~36 shots, every time I do change it I am finding it harder and more costly to do everytime I do it! I also find that I am only limited to just so many shots every time I go out to shoot. I wrote to Pentax about it and they said that they no longer support the ME Super software, so I guess you are out of luck with your Spotty seeing as it is a bit older than mine.
01-26-2011, 05:09 AM   #104
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, you guys are good.
Georg, I feel your pain - I'm absolutely convinced your gear is at fault with all that evidence you presented.
Pentax fanboys are not just deluded, they must have been lobotomised...
01-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #105
Forum Member

Tell me about it! The rear LCD on a Pentax 35mm I got last year off eBay NEVER worked. It's just a dead black frame. Can't find any firmware for it at all on the Pentax site, as usual. I changed the battery and that didn't help. It's so useless I just stuck the end flap off a film carton inside, so I can at least remember what film I'm using. At least the viewfinder works, but how long will the battery for THAT last before it goes dead?

I'm also having problems feeding the film into my PC. Got two rolls in there through a slot, but still can't see anything on the screen. Any suggestions?