Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pixelsaurus Quote
and where can I find digital film? so I can put it in my MEF.
To be honest with you.....when they first came out with DSLR cameras I found myself constantly pondering why they couldnt come out with something like that, I even pondered the idea of actually designing a camera back on the old film cameras that had a digital system built into it so all a person had to do was just change out the back (kinda like changing out the data backs) and then have a DSLR, all the electronics could have carried over to the bottom of the camera and would basically look like one of those old motor drives. That idea would have made all these old cameras that are still out there get a new lease on life as a usable piece of equipment. But then again that would have been just TOO easy.

Just a thought.

01-20-2011, 07:50 PM   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
To be honest with you.....when they first came out with DSLR cameras I found myself constantly pondering why they couldnt come out with something like that, I even pondered the idea of actually designing a camera back on the old film cameras that had a digital system built into it so all a person had to do was just change out the back (kinda like changing out the data backs) and then have a DSLR, all the electronics could have carried over to the bottom of the camera and would basically look like one of those old motor drives. That idea would have made all these old cameras that are still out there get a new lease on life as a usable piece of equipment. But then again that would have been just TOO easy.

Just a thought.
The first DSLRs were just film cameras with digital backs. 1.3 megapixel for $30,000.

Kodak DCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
My cam is all screwed up too, because my wife wouldn't have sex with me last night. What other reason can there be?
Uhh, could just be your lens kit's lacking. Did ya check to see if she calls the guy down the street with the FA* 600/ F4 Sweety-pie? There's an easy test; just mention you're thinkin' about buying one on eBay an' see if 'er attitude changes.

Now, the K200D has legitimate complaints. What with one thing an' another I've acquired four of the miserable things hopin' Pentax will finally publish a firmware fix to prove they're not perfect. They've done it for the *istDS and the K100's, why can't they do it for the K200, too?

The least they could do is generate some sort of auto-focus problem with my M-series and Adaptall lenses.

And I've looked everywhere but I can't find expensive, OEM batteries to fit 'em so I can stop re-charging the Eneloops every three to four months.
01-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #79
Veteran Member

My K200D came off the tripod and fell four feet to the pavement. Before it even hit the ground, I'm thinkin' : "K-5 YESSSSS!". But it didn't break. Not even a scratch on the body. So then I'm all like: "My DA 16 - 45 is broken now. NEW LENS! YESSSSS!". But the damned cheapo zoom kept on truckin'.

So no K5 or new lens for me! It isn't just the K200D that I hate, it's Pentax. Make something breakable will ya!

01-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snofox Quote
my k200d came off the tripod and fell four feet to the pavement. Before it even hit the ground, i'm thinkin' : "k-5 yesssss!". But it didn't break. Not even a scratch on the body. So then i'm all like: "my da 16 - 45 is broken now. New lens! Yesssss!". But the damned cheapo zoom kept on truckin'.

So no k5 or new lens for me! It isn't just the k200d that i hate, it's pentax. Make something breakable will ya!
lmfao
01-21-2011, 05:36 AM   #81
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Snofox, neither LBA nor BBA has hit you hard enough yet.
We obviously haven't done our job here on PentaxForums.
01-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #82

Well my K-7 doesn't do ... Air Photography!

Back when i had my MX's around my neck all the time, Air Photography was their best feature. It's by far the simplest exposure mode: you just leave out the film.

There's no loading bulk film into dicky cartridges, no film developing, no hours spent slaving in the darkroom and being gassed by chemical fumes, no printing and sloshing, no toning, no drying and mounting. No worries abt archival processing, whether the tonality and contrasts are right.

With Air Photography, everything's always perfect! Focus is always spot on, exposure is exactly how you want it, developing and processing is always timed exactly right, and you never run out of film. Every shot is perfect.

When i try it with my dSLR, i find it just ain't so. There's just no way i can snap a shot without a record of it, and that record, there's always something wrong with it. Half the time i don't even get the framing right. And the lens! it's either too wide or too long.

is no good. i want my Air Photography! It's the only way to take pictures of everything and nothing.

01-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #83
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by conradj Quote
Well my K-7 doesn't do ... Air Photography!

Back when i had my MX's around my neck all the time, Air Photography was their best feature. It's by far the simplest exposure mode: you just leave out the film.

There's no loading bulk film into dicky cartridges, no film developing, no hours spent slaving in the darkroom and being gassed by chemical fumes, no printing and sloshing, no toning, no drying and mounting. No worries abt archival processing, whether the tonality and contrasts are right.

With Air Photography, everything's always perfect! Focus is always spot on, exposure is exactly how you want it, developing and processing is always timed exactly right, and you never run out of film. Every shot is perfect.

When i try it with my dSLR, i find it just ain't so. There's just no way i can snap a shot without a record of it, and that record, there's always something wrong with it. Half the time i don't even get the framing right. And the lens! it's either too wide or too long.

is no good. i want my Air Photography! It's the only way to take pictures of everything and nothing.
I have found that the best air photos are with the lens cap on.
01-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DigiMack Quote
I have found that the best air photos are with the lens cap on.
my rangefinders excel at this but the Pentax only seems to achieve it when i shoot from the hip, perhaps it needs a firmware update, has anyone done one?
01-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #85
Veteran Member

my K7 won't focus my SMC M 28 f3.5. neither would my K 10. haven't tried it on the *istds but i don't hold out much hope

When will they fix this issue it's driving me nuts everything i shoot looks like this

01-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #86
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This should be a sticky.
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
This should be a sticky.
+1 on that
01-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #88
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Lucky you. My forecast is snow every day for the next 5 days and average highs around -12C.
But that's the forecast every day around Syracuse from mid November to mid March!
NaCl(I used to live in both Phoenix NY and Cleveland NY)H2O
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well I want pentax cameras to give out a chocolate bon bon every time you nail a shot, and zap you with about 50V everytime you blow it. Then it would be easy to tell the good pentax photogs (a bit over weight) from the bad ones (all kinds of twitchy)

NaCl(and the skinny non-twitchy ones are cheating!)H2O
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM   #90
Pentaxian

Ever since I bought my K20D it has had serious problems with composition and framing. It has this problem with EVERY ONE of my lenses, so it has to be the camera.